Valentine B Andela
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Clinical relevance of increased retinoid and cAMP transcriptional programs in tumor cells rendered non-malignant by dominant negative inhibition of NFkappaBValentine B Andela
Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, 575 Elmwood Avenue, 1 7534, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cancer Lett 194:37-43. 2003..Our results are consistent with the putative role of retinoids and cAMP in the malignant reversion of tumor cells and illustrative of the binary nature of transcriptional programs that modulate malignant progression...
- A genome-wide expression profile and system-level integration of nuclear factor kappa B regulated genes reveals fundamental metabolic adaptations during cell growth and survivalValentine B Andela
The James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
FEBS Lett 579:6814-20. 2005..Accordingly, mI-kappaB-Line 1 cells are markedly sensitized to pharmacologic inhibition of beta-oxidative respiration. These findings are indicative of compensatory changes that could undermine anti-cancer therapies targeting NF-kappaB...
- Malignant reversion of a human osteosarcoma cell line, Saos-2, by inhibition of NFkappaBValentine B Andela
Center for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14620, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:237-41. 2002..These results point to the negative regulation of osteoblast differentiation by NFkappaB, with implications in the pathogenesis and progression of osteosarcomas...
- The proteosome inhibitor MG132 attenuates retinoic acid receptor trans-activation and enhances trans-repression of nuclear factor kappaB. Potential relevance to chemo-preventive interventions with retinoidsValentine B Andela
Department of Orthopaedics and The James P, Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue Box 665, Rochester, New York, 14642, USA
Mol Cancer 3:8. 2004....
- Inhibition of beta-oxidative respiration is a therapeutic window associated with the cancer chemo-preventive activity of PPARgamma agonistsValentine B Andela
The James P Wilmot Cancer Center and the Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue Box 665 Rochester, NY 14642, USA
FEBS Lett 579:1765-9. 2005..These findings, suggest that inhibition of beta-oxidative respiration is a therapeutic window associated with the cancer chemo-preventive activity of PPARgamma agonists...
- NFkappaB: a pivotal transcription factor in prostate cancer metastasis to boneValentine B Andela
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res . 2003..mIkappaB cells. These in vitro experiments suggest NFkappaB as an important target to prevent prostate cancer bone metastasis and provide a rationale for further study of this transcription factor in metastatic disease...
- Correspondence Re S. S. Virtanen et al., Alendronate inhibits invasion of PC-3 prostate cancer cells by affecting the mevalonate pathway. Cancer Res 2002;62:2708-14. Re K. Sawada et al., Alendronate inhibits lysophosphatidic acid-induced migration of humaValentine B Andela
Cancer Res 64:2934-5; author reply 2935-6. 2004