P C Amrhein
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Locus of control and the age difference in free recall from episodic memoryP C Amrhein
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, USA
J Gen Psychol 126:149-64. 1999..This deficit is discussed in terms of a reduced-inhibition account of cognitive aging...
- Revisiting the picture-superiority effect in symbolic comparisons: do pictures provide privileged access?Paul C Amrhein
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 28:843-57. 2002..Our findings argue against dual-coding and some common-code accounts of conceptual attribute processing, urging reexamination of the assumption that pictures confer privileged access to long-term knowledge...
- Client commitment language during motivational interviewing predicts drug use outcomesPaul C Amrhein
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:862-78. 2003..CS for client evaluation of a change plan predicted outcome PDA. CS was predicted by strength of desire, ability, need, and reasons, but more strongly predicted outcome PDA, suggesting CS is a pathway for their influence on behavior...
- Client language as a mediator of motivational interviewing efficacy: where is the evidence?Theresa B Moyers
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:40s-47s. 2007..The current studies sought to determine if clinician behavior influences client speech, and the extent to which client speech predicted treatment outcome in clients receiving treatment for substance abuse...
- Providing live supervision via teleconferencing improves acquisition of motivational interviewing skills after workshop attendanceJennifer L Smith
Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 33:163-8. 2007..Teleconferencing Supervision may help facilitate the proficient use of MI community clinicians following workshop instruction...