Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Defective CFTR apical endocytosis and enterocyte brush border in myosin VI-deficient miceNadia Ameen
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Traffic 8:998-1006. 2007..These data establish that myosin VI modulates apical endocytosis and may be an important physiological modulator of CFTR function and CFTR-associated secretory diarrhea in the gut...
- Alpha-AP-2 directs myosin VI-dependent endocytosis of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator chloride channels in the intestineAnne Collaco
Department of Pediatrics and Cell Biology University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15206, USA
J Biol Chem 285:17177-87. 2010..The findings support alpha-AP-2 in directing myosin VI-dependent endocytosis of CFTR and a requirement for myosin VI in membrane invagination and coated pit formation in enterocytes...
- Rab11b regulates the apical recycling of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in polarized intestinal epithelial cellsMark R Silvis
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA 15261, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:2337-50. 2009..This is the first report detailing apical CFTR recycling in a native expression system and to demonstrate that Rab11b regulates apical recycling in polarized epithelial cells...
- Syntaxin 3 is necessary for cAMP- and cGMP-regulated exocytosis of CFTR: implications for enterotoxigenic diarrheaAnne Collaco
Department of Pediatrics and Cell Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1450-60. 2010..These observations reveal a new and important role for syntaxin 3 in the pathophysiology of enterotoxin-elicited diarrhea...
- Endocytic trafficking of CFTR in health and diseaseNadia Ameen
Department of Paediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
J Cyst Fibros 6:1-14. 2007....
- STa and cGMP stimulate CFTR translocation to the surface of villus enterocytes in rat jejunum and is regulated by protein kinase GFranca Golin-Bisello
Dept of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 289:C708-16. 2005..We conclude that cAMP and cGMP-dependent phosphorylation regulates fluid secretion and CFTR trafficking to the surface of enterocytes in rat jejunum...
- Rme-1 regulates the recycling of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorJohn A Picciano
Cystic Fibrosis Research Center, Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3500 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 285:C1009-18. 2003....
- Acute inflammation alters bicarbonate transport in mouse ileumHui Zhang
Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 646, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Physiol 581:1221-33. 2007....
- Role of NHERF1, cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator, and cAMP in the regulation of aquaporin 9Christine Pietrement
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology Nephrology Division, Simches Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 283:2986-96. 2008..We propose that CFTR is an important regulator of AQP9 and that the interaction between AQP9, NHERF1, and CFTR may facilitate the activation of AQP9 by cAMP...
- Research agenda for pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition: cystic fibrosis and pancreatic diseases. Report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition for the Children's Digestive Health and NutritMark E Lowe
Children's Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation, PO Box 6, Flourtown, PA 19031, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S258-62. 2002