Amrut V Ambardekar
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Myocardial Strain and Strain Rate from Speckle-Tracking Echocardiography are Unable to Differentiate Asymptomatic Biopsy-Proven Cellular Rejection in the First Year after Cardiac TransplantationAmrut V Ambardekar
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado Electronic address
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 28:478-85. 2015..The aim of this study was to test whether myocardial strain and strain rate as assessed by speckle-tracking echocardiography would be a sensitive noninvasive method for the detection of asymptomatic rejection...
- Incomplete recovery of myocyte contractile function despite improvement of myocardial architecture with left ventricular assist device supportAmrut V Ambardekar
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Circ Heart Fail 4:425-32. 2011..We hypothesized that evaluation of myocyte contractility and biochemistry at the sarcomere level before and after LVAD may explain organ-level changes...
- Effect of left ventricular assist device placement on preexisting implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leadsAmrut V Ambardekar
Division of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Card Fail 16:327-31. 2010..We investigated whether the implantation of a LVAD affects ICD function...
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator shocks in patients with a left ventricular assist deviceAmrut V Ambardekar
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 29:771-6. 2010..However, the rate of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) shocks and the effect of these shocks on outcomes in patients with LVADs remain unknown...
- Quality of care and in-hospital outcomes in patients with coronary heart disease in rural and urban hospitals (from Get With the Guidelines-Coronary Artery Disease Program)Amrut V Ambardekar
Division of Cardiology, Denver Health Medical Center, The University of Colorado at Denver and the Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:139-43. 2010..87 to 1.26). In conclusion, within the GWTG-CAD quality improvement initiative, patients with CAD treated at rural hospitals receive similar quality of care and have similar outcomes as those at urban centers...
- Characteristics and in-hospital outcomes for nonadherent patients with heart failure: findings from Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure (GWTG-HF)Amrut V Ambardekar
Denver Health Medical Center and University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am Heart J 158:644-52. 2009..Recognizing features of nonadherent patients may provide a means to reduce rehospitalization for this population...
- Patterns and predictors of evidence-based medication continuation among hospitalized heart failure patients (from Get With the Guidelines-Heart Failure)Mori J Krantz
Denver Health Medical Center and University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:1818-23. 2011..In conclusion, being admitted on evidence-based medications is the most powerful, independent predictor of discharge use...
- Left ventricular assist device effects on metabolic substrates in the failing heartLindsay B Weitzel
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e60292. 2013..This study set out to measure cardiac metabolites in non-failing hearts, failing hearts, and hearts post-LVAD support...
- Increased mortality among survivors of myocardial infarction with kidney dysfunction: the contribution of gaps in the use of guideline-based therapiesPamela N Peterson
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:29. 2009..We assessed the degree to which differences in guideline-based medical therapy for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) contribute to the higher mortality associated with kidney disease...
- Case of ventricular noncompaction: the crypts and the bloodAmrut V Ambardekar
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:866. 2008