Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Measuring clinical information technology in the ICU setting: application in a quality improvement collaborativeRuben Amarasingham
Medicine Services, Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:288-94. 2007....
- Clinical information technology capabilities in four U.S. hospitals: testing a new structural performance measureRuben Amarasingham
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2223, USA
Med Care 44:216-24. 2006..Few tools exist to quantify the performance of a hospital's information system from a user perspective...
- The quest for quality: perspectives from the safety netRon J Anderson
Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, Texas, USA
Front Health Serv Manage 23:15-28. 2007..This article describes Parkland's approach to each component and takes a look at selected processes and outcomes...
- A rapid admission protocol to reduce emergency department boarding timesRuben Amarasingham
Center for Clinical Innovation at Parkland Health and Hospital System UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:200-4. 2010..A rapid admission protocol was designed at our institution to reduce both EDBT and time to admission orders (EDTAO) for patients admitted to the internal medicine service...
- An automated model to identify heart failure patients at risk for 30-day readmission or death using electronic medical record dataRuben Amarasingham
Center for Clinical Innovation, Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Med Care 48:981-8. 2010..A real-time electronic predictive model that identifies hospitalized heart failure (HF) patients at high risk for readmission or death may be valuable to clinicians and hospitals who care for these patients...
- Hospital characteristics associated with highly automated and usable clinical information systems in Texas, United StatesRuben Amarasingham
Department of Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 8:39. 2008..This environment is not yet well defined. We examined whether specific hospital characteristics are associated with highly automated and usable clinical information systems...
- Clinical information technologies and inpatient outcomes: a multiple hospital studyRuben Amarasingham
Center for Knowledge Translation and Clinical Innovation, Parkland Health and Hospital System, 5201 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:108-14. 2009..Despite speculation that clinical information technologies will improve clinical and financial outcomes, few studies have examined this relationship in a large number of hospitals...
- Predicting out of intensive care unit cardiopulmonary arrest or death using electronic medical record dataCarlos A Alvarez
School of Pharmacy Department of Pharmacy Practice, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 5920 Forest Park Rd, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:28. 2013....
- Use of administrative claims data for identifying patients with cirrhosisMahendra S Nehra
Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Cente, Dallas, TX 75390 8887, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:e50-4. 2013..Administrative data are used in clinical research, but the validity of ICD-9 codes to identify cirrhotic patients has not been well established...
- An Electronic Medical Record-Based Model to Predict 30-Day Risk of Readmission and Death Among HIV-Infected InpatientsAnk E Nijhawan
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Center for Clinical Innovation, Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, TX Departments of Internal Medicine and Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX Texas Center for Integrative Medicine, Internal and Integrative Medicine, Dallas, TX
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:349-58. 2012..We sought to use data from the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to create a clinical, robust, multivariable model for predicting readmission risk in hospitalized HIV-infected patients...