Affiliation: University of Washington
- Kinetic and structural characterization of triacylglycerol lipases possessing phospholipase A1 activityAhmed Aloulou
University of Sfax, ENIS, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Enzymatic Engineering of Lipases, 3038 Sfax, Tunisia Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1841:581-7. 2014..Overall, our study shed the light on new structural features of the phospholipase activity of pancreatic lipase family members. ..
- Hypoglycemic and antilipidemic properties of kombucha tea in alloxan-induced diabetic ratsAhmed Aloulou
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Enzymatic Engineering of Lipases, National School of Engineers of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:63. 2012..The present study aimed to investigate and compare the hypoglycemic and antilipidemic effects of kombucha and black tea, two natural drinks commonly consumed around the world, in surviving diabetic rats...
- Phospholipases: an overviewAhmed Aloulou
National School of Engineers of Sfax, University of Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia
Methods Mol Biol 861:63-85. 2012..Others reported phospholipases as virulence factors and major causes of pathophysiological effects. In this introductory chapter, we provide brief details of different phospholipases...
- Purification and biochemical characterization of a halotolerant Staphylococcus sp. extracellular lipaseLobna Daoud
University of Sfax, ENIS Laboratory of Biochemistry and Enzymatic Engineering of Lipases, 3038 Sfax, Tunisia
Int J Biol Macromol 57:232-7. 2013..0, and about 69% of its activity was retained after incubation at 45 °C for 60 min. The enzyme showed a high tolerance to a wide range of salt concentration and a good stability in organic solvents, especially in long-chain alcohols...
- Inhibition of key digestive enzymes related to diabetes and hyperlipidemia and protection of liver-kidney functions by trigonelline in diabetic ratsKhaled Hamden
Biotechnology High School of Sfax ISBS, University of Sfax, Soukra Km 45 PO Box 261, Sfax 3038, Tunisia
Sci Pharm 81:233-46. 2013....