Michele L Allen
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- They Just Respect You for Who You Are: Contributors to Educator Positive Youth Development Promotion for Somali, Latino, and Hmong StudentsMichele L Allen
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Program in Health Disparities Research, University of Minnesota, 717 Delaware St SE, Suite 166, Minneapolis, MN, 55414, USA
J Prim Prev 37:71-86. 2016..Findings suggest a set of skills and educator-student interactions that may promote positive youth development and increase student-educator connectedness for SLH youth in public schools. ..
- Feasibility of a parenting program to prevent substance use among Latino youth: a community-based participatory research studyMichele L Allen
Department of Family Medicine, University of Minnesota, 717 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
Am J Health Promot 27:240-4. 2013..This study assesses the feasibility of a family-skills training intervention developed using a community-based participatory research framework, and explores parental traditional values as a modifier of preliminary effects...
- Immigrant family skills-building to prevent tobacco use in Latino youth: study protocol for a community-based participatory randomized controlled trialMichele L Allen
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 717 Delaware Street S, E, Suite 166, Minneapolis, MN, 55414, USA
Trials 13:242. 2012..Therefore, using CBPR principles, we developed a randomized clinical trial to assess the efficacy of a family-skills training intervention to prevent tobacco and other substance use intentions in Latino youth...
- A capacity building program to promote CBPR partnerships between academic researchers and community membersMichele L Allen
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Clin Transl Sci 4:428-33. 2011..There is a need for increased capacity in CBPR but few models exist for how to support the development of community/university partnerships...
- Adolescent participation in preventive health behaviors, physical activity, and nutrition: differences across immigrant generations for Asians and Latinos compared with WhitesMichele L Allen
Department of Family Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA and the UCLA RAND Center for Adolescent Health Promotion, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Public Health 97:337-43. 2007....
- The relationship between Spanish language use and substance use behaviors among Latino youth: a social network approachMichele L Allen
Department of Family Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis St Paul, Minnesota 55414, USA
J Adolesc Health 43:372-9. 2008..Our objective was to identify Spanish language-sensitive individual and social network attributes associated with substance use in Latino adolescents...
- Facilitating research faculty participation in CBPR: development of a model based on key informant interviewsMichele L Allen
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, USA
Clin Transl Sci 3:233-8. 2010....