Michael H Allen
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Effect of nicotine replacement therapy on agitation in smokers with schizophrenia: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyMichael H Allen
Depression Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, 80045, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:395-9. 2011..The authors conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled study of nicotine replacement therapy for the reduction of agitation and aggression in smokers with schizophrenia...
- Efficacy and safety of loxapine for inhalation in the treatment of agitation in patients with schizophrenia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialMichael H Allen
University of Colorado Depression Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:1313-21. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess the efficacy and safety of inhaled loxapine in the treatment of agitation in patients with psychotic disorders...
- The expert consensus guideline series. Treatment of behavioral emergencies 2005Michael H Allen
University of Colorado School of Medicine, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 11:5-108; quiz 110-2. 2005..We undertook a new survey of expert opinion to update recommendations from the earlier survey...
- Suicidal ideation and depressive symptoms among bipolar patients as predictors of the health and well-being of caregiversCheryl A Chessick
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:876-84. 2009..This study examined whether caregivers' health is associated with changes in suicidal ideation and depressive symptoms among bipolar patients observed over one year...
- Rapid acute treatment of agitation in patients with bipolar I disorder: a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial with inhaled loxapineJoseph Kwentus
Precise Research Centers, Flowood, MS 39232, USA
Bipolar Disord 14:31-40. 2012..The present study evaluated inhaled loxapine for the acute treatment of agitation in patients with bipolar I disorder...
- Use of restraints and pharmacotherapy in academic psychiatric emergency servicesMichael H Allen
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 26:42-9. 2004....
- Linear relationship of valproate serum concentration to response and optimal serum levels for acute maniaMichael H Allen
University of Colorado School of Medicine, 4200 East 9th Ave, Box A011 95, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:272-5. 2006....
- Suicidal ideation and pharmacotherapy among STEP-BD patientsJoseph F Goldberg
Affective Disorders Program, Silver Hill Hospital, 208 Valley Road, New Canaan, Connecticut 06840, and Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1534-40. 2005..Little is known about the effects of lithium on suicidal ideation or about the possible antisuicidal effects of divalproex, second-generation antipsychotics, or antidepressants among persons with bipolar disorder...