Affiliation: University of Washington
- Effect of diesel exhaust inhalation on antioxidant and oxidative stress responses in adults with metabolic syndromeJason Allen
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Inhal Toxicol 21:1061-7. 2009..We hypothesized that DE exposure would result in greater oxidative stress and antioxidant responses compared with filtered air (FA)...
- Detoxification in naturopathic medicine: a surveyJason Allen
Bastyr University Research Institute, Seattle, WA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 17:1175-80. 2011..This study sought to assess the use of clinical detoxification therapies used by licensed naturopathic doctors (NDs) in the United States...
- Diesel exhaust inhalation elicits acute vasoconstriction in vivoAlon Peretz
University of Washington Occupational and Environmental Medicine Program, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Environ Health Perspect 116:937-42. 2008..Recent human and animal studies suggest that exposure to air pollutants affects vascular function. Diesel exhaust (DE) is a major source of traffic-related air pollution...
- Effects of diesel exhaust inhalation on heart rate variability in human volunteersAlon Peretz
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington Occupational and Environmental Program, 4225 Roosevelt Way NE, Suite 302, Box 354695, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Environ Res 107:178-84. 2008..In this experimental study we assessed whether short-term exposure to DE would result in alterations in heart rate variability (HRV), a non-invasive measure of autonomic control of the heart...
- Effects of oral glutathione supplementation on systemic oxidative stress biomarkers in human volunteersJason Allen
Bastyr University Research Institute, Kenmore, WA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 17:827-33. 2011..Despite ease of delivery, little controlled clinical research data exist evaluating the effects of oral GSH supplementation...
- Coenzyme Q10 deficiency in patients with Parkinson's diseaseLaurie K Mischley
Bastyr University Research Institute, USA
J Neurol Sci 318:72-5. 2012..Clinical trials of antioxidants are currently underway in PD patients, however, antioxidant research has been hindered by a lack of peripheral biomarkers...
- CAM: naturopathic dietary interventions for patients with type 2 diabetesErica B Oberg
Bastyr University Research Institute, Kenmore WA 98128, USA
Complement Ther Clin Pract 17:157-61. 2011..To test feasibility, acceptability, and preliminary effectiveness of a naturopathic dietary intervention in patients with Type 2 diabetes...
- Inhaled glutathione for the prevention of air pollution-related health effects: a brief reviewJason Allen
University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Seattle, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 14:42-4. 2008..This article briefly reviews a major air pollutant (particulate matter) and the natural defense system against its toxicity and propose a pilot study to investigate the potential of inhaled glutathione to blunt its adverse effects...
- Urinary porphyrin excretion in neurotypical and autistic childrenJames S Woods
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1450-7. 2010....
- CAM Approaches to Air Pollution Related Health EffectsJason Allen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term objective of this research is to rigorously examine potential CAM interventions in augmenting adverse health effects induced by pollutants that pose a substantial ongoing public health burden. ..