Omar S Aljitawi
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Bendamustine associated with irreversible ascending paralysisAshraf Alhafez
Internal Medicine Department, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Case Rep Hematol 2013:931519. 2013..Many adverse effects, including a rare case of reversible neurotoxicity, have been reported in association with bendamustine. Herein, we report the first case of irreversible ascending paralysis related to bendamustine...
- Hyperbaric oxygen improves engraftment of ex-vivo expanded and gene transduced human CD34⁺ cells in a murine model of umbilical cord blood transplantationOmar S Aljitawi
Division of Hematology Oncology and Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, 2330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66205, USA Electronic address
Blood Cells Mol Dis 52:59-67. 2014..In vivo imaging demonstrated that HBO mice had significantly higher ventral and dorsal bioluminescence values. These studies suggest that HBO treatment of NSG mice prior to UCB CD34⁺ cell infusion significantly improves engraftment...
- Generating CK19-positive cells with hair-like structures from Wharton's jelly mesenchymal stromal cellsOmar S Aljitawi
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Stem Cells Dev 22:18-26. 2013..In the other method, WJMSCs were cultured to form spheroids. Our findings demonstrate that WJMSCs may have the capacity for ectodermal differentiation...
- Ex vivo expansion of umbilical cord blood: where are we?Omar S Aljitawi
The Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Int J Hematol 95:371-9. 2012..In this review, we focus on the issue of limited cell dose in UCB units and discuss the possible approaches to overcome this limitation. We also summarize the various cellular pathways that have been explored to expand UCB units...
- Pulmonary manifestations of the pre-engraftment syndrome after umbilical cord blood transplantationKyle R Brownback
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS, 66160, USA
Ann Hematol 93:847-54. 2014..PES is a common complication following cord blood transplantation, with hypoxemia being present in over half of patients with PES. Hypoxemia with PES and treatment with corticosteroids may portend a worse prognosis. ..
- Rates of complete diagnostic testing for patients with acute myeloid leukemiaTara L Lin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas, 66210
Cancer Med 4:519-22. 2015..All physicians who diagnose and treat AML must remain up to date on the latest recommendations and controversies in molecular testing in order to appropriately risk stratify patients and determine optimal therapy. ..
- Prophylactic use of zoledronic acid to prevent early bone loss is safe and feasible in patients with acute myeloid leukemia undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplantationSiddhartha Ganguly
Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66205, USA
Clin Transplant 26:447-53. 2012..In conclusion, in this prospective pilot study, prophylactic use of zoledronic acid to prevent early bone loss was found to be safe and feasible in patients with AML undergoing allo-SCT during the immediate post-transplantation period...
- Multiple myeloma preparative regimens for high-dose therapy and autologous transplantation: what's new?Omar S Aljitawi
The Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA 2330 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Westwood, KS 66205, USA
J Comp Eff Res 1:57-70. 2012..In this article, we review the published literature regarding preparative regimens used in patients with multiple myeloma undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation. ..
- Alternative donor transplantation after reduced intensity conditioning: results of parallel phase 2 trials using partially HLA-mismatched related bone marrow or unrelated double umbilical cord blood graftsClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 118:282-8. 2011..The trials are registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov under NCT00864227 (BMT CTN 0604) and NCT00849147 (BMT CTN 0603)...