CHERYL LYNN ALBRIGHT
Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- Modifying physical activity in a multiethnic sample of low-income women: one-year results from the IMPACT (Increasing Motivation for Physical ACTivity) projectCheryl L Albright
Stanford Prevention Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
Ann Behav Med 30:191-200. 2005..National surveys also indicate that low-income, ethnic minority women have the highest rates of inactivity in the United States...
- Knowledge and attitudes about deceased donor organ donation in Filipinos: a qualitative assessmentC L Albright
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii, USA
Transplant Proc 37:4153-8. 2005..Understanding a specific ethnic group's knowledge, attitudes, and cultural beliefs regarding organ donation is important in the development of educational campaigns to encourage organ donation in ethnic minority populations...
- Physical activity before pregnancy and following childbirth in a multiethnic sample of healthy women in HawaiiCheryl Albright
Cancer Research Center of Hawii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Women Health 42:95-110. 2005..Investigate physical activity and related psychosocial factors reported by new mothers...
- Body mass index in monoracial and multiracial adults: results from the multiethnic cohort studyCheryl L Albright
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Ethn Dis 17:268-73. 2007..This study will determine if the body mass index (BMI) of individuals with an ethnic admixture varies systematically from that of the ethnic groups with whom they share a common ethnicity or race...
- Factors associated with organ donation in Filipino Americans: results from Hawai'i's Bayanihan ProjectCheryl L Albright
Prevention and Control Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawai i, University of Hawai i, 1960 East West Road, Biomedical Sciences Bldg, Room C 105, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Hawaii Med J 66:181-4. 2007..5 times more likely to be a designated donor compared with foreign-born Filipinos. Future programs should emphasize the need for Filipinos, especially immigrants, to become organ donors...
- The prevalence of obesity in ethnic admixture adultsCheryl L Albright
Prevention and Control Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1138-43. 2008..To determine whether the prevalence of obesity in ethnic admixture adults varies systematically from the average of the prevalence estimates for the ethnic groups with whom they share a common ethnicity...
- Increasing physical activity in postpartum multiethnic women in Hawaii: results from a pilot studyCheryl L Albright
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
BMC Womens Health 9:4. 2009..Half the participants were ethnic minorities, mean age was 33 +/- 3.8, infants' mean age was 6.9 +/- 2.4 months, 50% were primiparas, and mean body mass index was 23.6 +/- 4.2...
- Choosing to be a designated organ donor on their first driver's license: actions, opinions, intentions, and barriers of Asian American and Pacific Islander adolescents in HawaiiCheryl L Albright
Prevention and Control Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu 96813, USA
Prog Transplant 20:392-400. 2010..The factors associated with Asian American and Pacific Islander adolescents' decision to be a designated organ donor on their first driver's license are largely unknown...
- Are physical activity and nutrition indicators of the checklist of health promotion environments at worksites (CHEW) associated with employee obesity among hotel workers?Claudio R Nigg
Department of Public Health Sciences, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:S4-7. 2010..However, from our literature review, there have been no investigations of the association between the hotel environment and employees' obesity...