Mehmet Kemal Aktas
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Relation of brain natriuretic peptide level to extent of left ventricular scarring in patients with chronic heart failure secondary to ischemic cardiomyopathyMehmet Kemal Aktas
University of Rochester Medical Center, Cardiology Department, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:243-5. 2009..01) and greater myocardial hibernation (22+/-14% vs 12+/-7%, p=0.02) compared with patients with >or=33% scar. In conclusion, in patients with chronic heart failure, a decreased BNP response indicated extensive myocardial scarring...
- The Effect of Weight Loss on Clinical Outcomes in Patients Implanted With a Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Device-A MADIT-CRT SubstudyMehmet K Aktas
Department of Cardiovascular Disease, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York Electronic address
J Card Fail 20:183-9. 2014..This study was designed to evaluate the effect of weight loss on clinical outcomes in patients implanted with a cardiac resynchronization therapy with defibrillator (CRT-D)...
- Effect of defibrillation threshold testing on heart failure hospitalization or death in the Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial-Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (MADIT-CRT)Mehmet K Aktas
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Heart Rhythm 10:193-9. 2013..Defibrillation threshold (DFT) testing is commonly practiced at the time of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implant. The clinical consequence of ICD shocks delivered during DFT testing is unknown...
- Dofetilide-induced long QT and torsades de pointesMehmet K Aktas
University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 12:197-202. 2007..We report four cases of dofetilide-induced QT prolongation and torsades de pointes. We discuss the risk factors for the development of dofetilide-induced long QT and torsades de pointes and review the current literature...
- Effect of biventricular pacing during a ventricular sensed eventMehmet Kemal Aktas
Cardiology Department, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1741-5. 2009....
- Right ventricular dysfunction and the incidence of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapiesMehmet K Aktas
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 32:1501-8. 2009..The influence of right ventricular (RV) function on ICD therapy for sudden cardiac death (SCD) is not known...
- Successful therapeutic hypothermia in patients with congenital long QT syndromeMehmet K Aktas
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Rochester Medical Center, Strong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 16:100-3. 2011..Careful and routine monitoring of the QT interval in this patient population is necessary due to the potential for worsening electrical instability during induced hypothermia...