Affiliation: University of California
- The neuropsychology of autistic spectrum disordersNatacha Akshoomoff
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 27:307-10. 2005
- Use of the Mullen Scales of Early Learning for the assessment of young children with Autism Spectrum DisordersNatacha Akshoomoff
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, USA
Child Neuropsychol 12:269-77. 2006..Scores obtained on the Mullen Scales were positively correlated with level of engagement and negatively correlated with off task behaviors...
- The impact of early unilateral brain injury on perceptual organization and visual memoryNatacha A Akshoomoff
Laboratory for Research on the Neuroscience of Autism, Children s Hospital Research Center, 8110 La Jolla Shores Drive, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuropsychologia 40:539-61. 2002..The results from both studies demonstrate the continuation of subtle deficits in visuospatial analysis with development but also the continued capacity for compensation...
- Abnormalities on the neurological examination and EEG in young children with pervasive developmental disordersNatacha Akshoomoff
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:887-93. 2007..Results also indicate that EEG abnormalities are common in this young population but clinical seizures are rare, confirming other studies...
- Perceptual organization and visual immediate memory in children with specific language impairmentNatacha Akshoomoff
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 12:465-74. 2006..These results suggest children with LI have subtle deficits on visuospatial tasks that may be more indicative of limitations associated with processing load and planning than of specific visuospatial processing deficits...
- Outcome classification of preschool children with autism spectrum disorders using MRI brain measuresNatacha Akshoomoff
Children s Hospital Research Center, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:349-57. 2004....
- Selective attention and active engagement in young childrenNatacha Akshoomoff
Laboratory for Research on the Neuroscience of Autism, Children s Hospital San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 22:625-42. 2002..These results suggest that the skills necessary for vigilance tasks, particularly speeded response initiation and response selection, are still emerging during the preschool years but can be adequately measured after 4.5 years of age...
- The neurobiological basis of autism from a developmental perspectiveNatacha Akshoomoff
Laboratory for Research on the Neuroscience of Autism, Children s Hospital Research Center, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Dev Psychopathol 14:613-34. 2002..We discuss how these recent advances have led us to develop a growth dysregulation hypothesis of autism. Finally, we discuss how this hypothesis may lead to new innovations in autism research...
- Longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study of cortical development through early childhood in autismCynthia M Schumann
Autism Center of Excellence, Department of Neurosciences, Center for Human Development, and Departments of Psychiatry and Radiology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Neurosci 30:4419-27. 2010....
- Atypical face versus object processing and hemispheric asymmetries in 10-month-old infants at risk for autismJoseph P McCleery
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0109, USA
Biol Psychiatry 66:950-7. 2009....
- Atypical social referencing in infant siblings of children with autism spectrum disordersLauren Cornew
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:2611-21. 2012....
- Neuroanatomical assessment of biological maturityTimothy T Brown
Multimodal Imaging Laboratory, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Curr Biol 22:1693-8. 2012....
- Atypical [corrected] participation of visual cortex during word processing in autism: an fMRI study of semantic decisionMichael S Gaffrey
Brain Development Imaging Laboratory, Department of Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Neuropsychologia 45:1672-84. 2007....
- Executive functions in autism and Asperger's disorder: flexibility, fluency, and inhibitionNatalia Kleinhans
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 27:379-401. 2005..We discuss implications of these findings for understanding the neurocognitive substrates of autistic spectrum disorders...
- Association of common genetic variants in GPCPD1 with scaling of visual cortical surface area in humansTrygve E Bakken
Medical Scientist Training Program, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3985-90. 2012..We suggest that identifying genes that contribute to normal cortical architecture provides a first step to understanding genetic mechanisms that underlie visual perception...
- Inclusion for toddlers with autism spectrum disorders: the first ten years of a community programAubyn C Stahmer
University of California, San Diego, USA
Autism 15:625-41. 2011..Implications for serving toddlers with autism in inclusive settings and suggestions for future research directions are discussed...
- Diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders in 2-year-olds: a study of community practiceChristina M Corsello
Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:178-85. 2013....
- Evidence of brain overgrowth in the first year of life in autismEric Courchesne
Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
JAMA 290:337-44. 2003..This raises the possibility that brain overgrowth begins much earlier, perhaps before the first clinically noticeable behavioral symptoms...
- Cross-modal extinction in a boy with severely autistic behaviour and high verbal intelligenceYoram S Bonneh
Faculty of Science, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
Cogn Neuropsychol 25:635-52. 2008....
- Autism clinical trials: biological and medical issues in patient selection and treatment responseGeorge M Anderson
Department of Child Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
CNS Spectr 9:57-64. 2004..The potential utility and desirability of specific measures are considered and the general approach to choosing measures for incorporation is discussed...
- Evaluation of Diagostic and Services Practices in AutismNatacha Akshoomoff; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..