Kym R Ahrens
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Youth in foster care with adult mentors during adolescence have improved adult outcomesKym R Ahrens
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Box 354920, Seattle, WA 98195 4920, USA
Pediatrics 121:e246-52. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine whether youth in foster care with natural mentors during adolescence have improved young adult outcomes...
- Association between childhood sexual abuse and transactional sex in youth aging out of foster careKym R Ahrens
Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Children s Research Institute University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Child Abuse Negl 36:75-80. 2012..To evaluate the association between history of childhood sexual abuse (CSA) and having transactional sex among adolescents who have been in foster care...
- Psychosocial pathways to sexually transmitted infection risk among youth transitioning out of foster care: evidence from a longitudinal cohort studyKym R Ahrens
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington Seattle Children s Hospital and Research Institute, Seattle, Washington Electronic address
J Adolesc Health 53:478-85. 2013..The model included (1) historical abuse and foster care experiences; (2) mental health and attachment style in late adolescence; and (3) STI risk in young adulthood...
- Associations between adult attachment style and health risk behaviors in an adult female primary care populationKym R Ahrens
Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Children s Research Institute University of Washington, Seattle, WA, United States
J Psychosom Res 72:364-70. 2012..To examine the relationship between adult attachment style and health risk behaviors among adult women in a primary care setting...
- Laboratory-diagnosed sexually transmitted infections in former foster youth compared with peersKym R Ahrens
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Pediatrics 126:e97-e103. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate the association between having resided in foster care and risk for sexually transmitted infection (STI) during young adulthood...