Dennis J Ahnen
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Activating mutation in MET oncogene in familial colorectal cancerDeborah W Neklason
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
BMC Cancer 11:424. 2011..Familial colorectal cancer has been linked to chromosome 7q31 by multiple affected relative pair studies. The MET proto-oncogene which resides in this chromosomal region is considered a candidate for genetic susceptibility...
- The American College of Gastroenterology Emily Couric Lecture--the adenoma-carcinoma sequence revisited: has the era of genetic tailoring finally arrived?Dennis J Ahnen
Denver Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 106:190-8. 2011....
- Effect of a mailed brochure on appointment-keeping for screening colonoscopy: a randomized trialThomas D Denberg
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Ann Intern Med 145:895-900. 2006..Often, primary care physicians lack sufficient time to educate patients and address their potential misconceptions and fears about this procedure...
- Sulindac metabolites induce proteosomal and lysosomal degradation of the epidermal growth factor receptorHeather A Pangburn
UES, Inc, 4401 Dayton Xenia Road, Dayton, OH 45432, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:560-72. 2010..Thus, sulindac metabolite-induced downregulation of EGFR seems to be mediated through mechanism(s) similar, at least in part, to those involved in EGF-induced downregulation of EGFR...
- Predictors of nonadherence to screening colonoscopyThomas D Denberg
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences, Denver, Colo 80262, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:989-95. 2005....
- Significance of serrated polyps of the colonRachel J Groff
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 10:490-8. 2008..Management of serrated neoplasia of the colon includes careful colonoscopy, complete removal of colonic polyps, sampling fields of diminutive polyps of the rectosigmoid, and basing surveillance on histology of removed polyps...
- Sulindac metabolites induce caspase- and proteasome-dependent degradation of beta-catenin protein in human colon cancer cellsPamela L Rice
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 2:885-92. 2003....
- Clinical practice. Adenomatous polyps of the colonJoel S Levine
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2551-7. 2006
- Inhibition of extracellular-signal regulated kinases 1/2 is required for apoptosis of human colon cancer cells in vitro by sulindac metabolitesPamela L Rice
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and University of Colorado Comprehensive Cancer Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Cancer Res 64:8148-51. 2004..These results suggest that inhibition of MEK/ERK signaling is necessary for the induction of apoptosis by sulindac metabolites...
- Sulindac sulfide inhibits epidermal growth factor-induced phosphorylation of extracellular-regulated kinase 1/2 and Bad in human colon cancer cellsPamela L Rice
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Cancer Res 63:616-20. 2003..The ability of sulindac to block ERK1/2 signaling by the EGF receptor may account for at least part of its potent growth-inhibitory effects against cancer cells...
- First-degree relatives of patients with advanced colorectal adenomas have an increased prevalence of colorectal cancerKathryn L Lynch
Department of Medicine and Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 1:96-102. 2003..This study assessed whether finding colonic neoplasia during screening colonoscopy was related to the family history of colorectal cancer among the participants' parents and siblings...