S R Adler
Affiliation: University of California
- Disclosing complementary and alternative medicine use in the medical encounter: a qualitative study in women with breast cancerS R Adler
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0850, USA
J Fam Pract 48:453-8. 1999..Understanding the reasons for nondisclosure of CAM use is critical to improving physician-patient communication and patient care...
- Integrative medicine and culture: toward an anthropology of CAMShelley R Adler
Department of Anthropology, History, and Social Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Med Anthropol Q 16:412-4. 2002
- Alternative therapies used by women with breast cancer in four ethnic populationsM M Lee
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0560, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:42-7. 2000....
- Student 'moles': revealing the hidden curriculumShelley R Adler
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143-1726, USA
Med Educ 40:463-4. 2006
- Ethnic differences in use of complementary and alternative medicine at midlife: longitudinal results from SWAN participantsYali A Bair
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1832-40. 2002..We estimated the prevalence and longitudinal correlates of use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) at midlife among participants of the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN)...
- Relationships among older patients, CAM practitioners, and physicians: the advantages of qualitative inquiryShelley R Adler
Department of Anthropology, History and Social Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 9:104-10. 2003..An ongoing qualitative research study of older women with breast cancer and their interactions with their physicians and alternative practitioners is described as an example...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine during the menopause transition: longitudinal results from the Study of Women's Health Across the NationYali A Bair
Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California, Sacramento, CA, USA
Menopause 15:32-43. 2008..This study examined whether use of complementary and alternative (CAM) therapies during the menopause transition varied by ethnicity...