Joyce A Adams
Affiliation: University of California
- Guidelines for medical care of children who may have been sexually abusedJoyce A Adams
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 20:163-72. 2007..Therefore, there is a need for a consistent evidence-based approach that is agreed upon by medical experts...
- Normal studies are essential for objective medical evaluations of children who may have been sexually abusedJ A Adams
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego 92103 8449, USA
Acta Paediatr 92:1378-80. 2003..Conclusion: The study by Myhre and associates is another addition to a growing collection of good science in a field of medicine where objectivity is essential...
- Medical evaluation of suspected child sexual abuseJoyce A Adams
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Medical Center, University of California, San Diego, California 92103 8449, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:191-7. 2004
- Medical evaluation of suspected child sexual abuse: 2011 updateJoyce A Adams
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California 92123, USA
J Child Sex Abus 20:588-605. 2011..This article reviews the current approach to interpreting findings in children who may have been sexually abused and why additional research is needed...
- Evolution of a classification scale: medical evaluation of suspected child sexual abuseJ A Adams
Division of Primary Care Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of California, San Diego, USA
Child Maltreat 6:31-6. 2001..Cautions in the use of the classification system, as well as controversies concerning a few medical findings, are discussed...
- Guidelines for medical care of children evaluated for suspected sexual abuse: an update for 2008Joyce A Adams
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 20:435-41. 2008....
- Differences in hymenal morphology between adolescent girls with and without a history of consensual sexual intercourseJoyce A Adams
University of California, San Diego, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:280-5. 2004..To compare the morphology of the hymen in adolescent girls who have and have not had sexual intercourse involving penile-vaginal penetration...
- Adolescent sexual assault: documentation of acute injuries using photo-colposcopyJ A Adams
University of California, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92103 8449, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 14:175-80. 2001..To document the frequency and types of genital injuries in adolescent women examined acutely following a sexual assault, and determine any historical correlates of injury...
- Diagnostic accuracy in child sexual abuse medical evaluation: role of experience, training, and expert case reviewJoyce A Adams
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA, USA
Child Abuse Negl 36:383-92. 2012..2) Determine which factors in education, clinical practice, and case review correlate with correct responses to the survey questions...
- Links between sisters' sexual and dating victimization: the roles of neighborhood crime and parental controlsPatricia L East
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Fam Psychol 24:698-708. 2010..Survival analysis results showed that the risk period of a second sister being victimized lasts between 7 and 10 years after a first sister's victimization. The prevention implications of study findings are discussed...