Jamil A AboulHosn
Affiliation: University of California
- Successful tricuspid valve replacement in a patient with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension and preserved right ventricular systolic functionJamil A AboulHosn
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Case Report Med 2009:108295. 2009..Clinical and echocardiographic assessment provided confidence that acute tricuspid valve failure was responsible for the decompensation and that tricuspid valve replacement despite pulmonary hypertension could be performed...
- Left and right ventricular diastolic function in adults with surgically repaired tetralogy of Fallot: a multi-institutional studyJamil A AboulHosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Can J Cardiol 29:866-72. 2013..Our purpose was to assess the prevalence and clinical implications of left ventricular (LV) and right ventricular (RV) diastolic dysfunction (DD) in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)...
- Fontan operation and the single ventricleJamil A AboulHosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 2:2-11. 2007..Cardiac computed tomography with angiography is highlighted as a noninvasive imaging tool for the evaluation of the complex Fontan circulation...
- A blue baby grows upJamil A AboulHosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1679, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 4:378-83. 2009..This report touches on several important clinical issues that may arise when caring for the adult with complex palliated cyanotic congenital heart disease, including the development and treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension...
- Perventricular closure of a large ventricular septal defect in congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesJamil Aboulhosn
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 5:60-5. 2010..The left ventricular systolic pressure decreased to one half systemic. This case highlights the utility and efficacy of a hybrid approach in the treatment of complex congenital heart disease...
- Arrhythmia recurrence in adult patients with single ventricle physiology following surgical Fontan conversionJamil Aboulhosn
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, UCLA Medical Center, BH 307 CHS, 650 Charles Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 5:430-4. 2010..To evaluate the incidence of atrial tachy-arrhythmia (AT) recurrence following conversion from right atrial-pulmonary artery (RA-PA) Fontan to total cavopulmonary connection (TCPC) in adults...
- Hemodynamic characteristics of cyanotic adults with single-ventricle physiology without Fontan completionFaysal G Saab
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 8:124-30. 2013..The aim of the current study is to describe the long-term clinical and hemodynamic characteristics of adult patients with single-ventricle physiology who have not undergone the Fontan operation and consequently have remained cyanotic...
- Usefulness of serum brain natriuretic peptide to predict adverse events in patients with the Eisenmenger syndromeLeigh C Reardon
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:1523-6. 2012..In conclusion, elevated BNP levels are predictive of death or heart failure admission in patients with the ES. A serum BNP level >140 pg/ml is a useful tool in identifying high-risk patients...
- Patients with single-ventricle physiology: prognostic implications of stress testingBrenton S Bauer
Ahmanson UCLA Adult Congenital Heart Disease Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:891-5. 2011....