Genomes and Genes
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Organization: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- The incidence of scaphoid fracture in a military populationJennifer Moriatis Wolf
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, United States
Injury 40:1316-9. 2009..We studied the epidemiology of the scaphoid fracture using a large database in a military population...
- Transcriptional regulation by chromatin disassembly and reassemblyStephanie K Williams
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 17:88-93. 2007..Furthermore, the ultimate goal of some epigenetic modifications might well turn out to be the regulation of histone occupancy on the DNA...
- Suboptimal pharmacotherapy in a tribal nursing homeLori L Jervis
American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:1-7. 2007..NH residents tend to be older, suffer from multiple conditions, and take numerous medications, increasing their risk of serious complications. This article examines pharmacotherapy in a rural, tribally owned NH...
- Sensory gating and alpha-7 nicotinic receptor gene allelic variants in schizoaffective disorder, bipolar typeLaura F Martin
Department of Psychiatry, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:611-4. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine if CHRNA7 promoter allelic variants are also associated with abnormal P50 ratios in persons with schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type...
- Technology for improving cognitive function. A workshop sponsored by the US Interagency Committee on Disability Research (ICDR): reports from working groupsCathy Bodine
Assistive Technology Partners, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80203, USA
Disabil Rehabil 28:1567-71. 2006..C. This paper summarizes the content of the working groups charged with providing strategic direction for the future of technology for persons with cognitive disabilities...
- Predictors of HIV sero-status among drug injectors at three Ukraine sitesRobert E Booth
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1741 Vine Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
AIDS 20:2217-23. 2006..To assess the HIV serostatus of injection drug users (IDU) in Ukraine, as well as associations between serostatus and selected demographic and risk factors...
- Beyond inpatient and outpatient care: alternative model for hypertension managementP Michael Ho
Cardiology Section, Denver VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont Street 111B, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
BMC Public Health 6:257. 2006..Although there may be challenges to achieving the vision of home-based disease management, there are tremendous potential benefits of such an approach for reducing the global burden of cardiovascular disease...
- Mycoplasma hominis endocarditis in a child with a complex congenital heart defectSamuel R Dominguez
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80010, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:851-2. 2006..This is the first reported case of Mycoplasma endocarditis in a child and suggests consideration of this organism as a cause of culture-negative endocarditis...
- Are anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies pathogenic in rheumatoid arthritis?V Michael Holers
Division of Rheumatology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol 2:400-1. 2006
- Early growth response gene-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells effects of insulin and oxidant stressCecilia C Low Wang
Research Service, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
Am J Hypertens 19:366-72. 2006..In this study we examined the effects of insulin and oxidant stress on Egr-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC), and identified mechanisms for these effects on Egr-1...
- Virtual anatomy: an anatomist's playgroundVictor M Spitzer
Center for Human Simulation, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado 80045 0508, USA
Clin Anat 19:192-203. 2006..The trip is a long one and is only about to begin but the train is leaving. Are you on board?..
- Antibody responses to hepatitis A virus vaccine in HIV-infected children with evidence of immunologic reconstitution while receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyAdriana Weinberg
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Infect Dis 193:302-11. 2006..We investigated the safety and immunogenicity of 2 doses of hepatitis A virus (HAV) vaccine followed by a booster dose in HIV-infected children receiving stable highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Metabolic abnormalities and the medical management of calcium oxalate nephrolithiasisP S Chandhoke
Department of Surgery Urology and Medicine Renal Diseases, University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Minerva Urol Nefrol 57:9-16. 2005..Of these, calcium oxalate stones are the most predominant. This review will focus only on the pathogenesis and medical management of calcium oxalate stones...
- Do your students wiki?Diane J Skiba
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:120-1. 2005
- The effects of adding mass to the legs on the energetics and biomechanics of walkingRaymond C Browning
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80262, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 39:515-25. 2007....
- Pilomyxoid astrocytoma: neuroimaging with clinicopathologic correlates in 4 cases followed over timeSirisha T Komakula
Department of Radiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:465-70. 2007..Radiologists should consider this diagnosis particularly in young children with hypothalamic tumors that lack the typical cystic appearance seen in PA...
- The role of magnesium binders in chronic kidney diseaseDavid M Spiegel
Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80111, USA
Semin Dial 20:333-6. 2007..While short-term or adjuvant use of magnesium carbonate appears safe and effective as a phosphate binder, more studies are needed to evaluate the long-term effects on vascular calcification, bone histology, and mortality...
- Evaluation of urinary biomarkers for coronary artery disease, diabetes, and diabetic kidney diseaseJanet K Snell-Bergeon
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, 80045, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 11:1-9. 2009..In this study we sought to validate urinary biomarkers for diabetes and two common complications, coronary artery disease (CAD) and diabetic nephropathy (DN)...
- Lumbar spinal fusion versus anterior lumbar disc replacement: the financial implicationsVikas V Patel
Spine Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences, Denver, CO 80045, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 21:473-6. 2008..Cost-identification analysis with retrospective and calculated cost...
- Transplanted astrocytes derived from BMP- or CNTF-treated glial-restricted precursors have opposite effects on recovery and allodynia after spinal cord injuryJeannette E Davies
Department of Neurosurgery, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Biol 7:24. 2008..This is of particular concern in the case of spinal cord injury, where recent studies have shown that transplanted neuroepithelial stem cells can generate pain syndromes...
- Patient-reported outcomes as a component of the primary endpoint in a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in advanced pancreatic cancerS Gail Eckhardt
Developmental Therapeutics and GI Malignancies, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 37:135-43. 2009....
- Ethanol metabolism and effects: nitric oxide and its interactionXin Sheng Deng
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimons, Department of Pharmacology, Alcohol Research Center, Aurora, CO 80045 6508, USA
Curr Clin Pharmacol 2:145-53. 2007..The mechanisms underlying these effects are only partially understood. Hence, the current discussion of the interaction of EtOH and NO is presented...
- Animal models of ventral body wall closure defects: a personal perspective on gastroschisisTrevor Williams
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 148:186-91. 2008....
- Early weeks after premature birth as experienced by Latina adolescent mothersMadalynn Neu
Anschutz Medical Campus, School of Nursing, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 33:166-72. 2008..To examine the early adaptation challenges and strengths of young mothers with preterm infants...
- Female hypogonadism: evaluation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axisMicol S Rothman
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pituitary 11:163-9. 2008..Laboratory testing generally relies on basal hormone levels; however, timing of blood sampling in relation to menses is important to interpretation of the data...
- Nutrient supplies for optimal health in preterm infantsWilliam W Hay
Neonatal Clinical Research Center, Perinatal Research Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:S163-9. 2007..It is clear, therefore, that just the right amount of the essential nutrients is required to produce optimal outcome; this is as true for the preterm infant as it is for the fetus...
- Inconsistent health perceptions for US women and men with diabetesMarianne McCollum
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado at Denver, and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:1421-8. 2007..Two health status measures for adults with diabetes are compared in order to identify gender-based differences between norm-based scores for health status and self-rated health scores...
- Apoptosis and autophagy: regulatory connections between two supposedly different processesAndrew Thorburn
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Apoptosis 13:1-9. 2008....
- Adult-onset Alexander disease with progressive ataxia and palatal tremorKatherine L Howard
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Mov Disord 23:118-22. 2008..This is the oldest reported case with confirmation of a GFAP mutation. Onset was late in the sixth decade. Genetic analysis of the GFAP gene is recommended in cases of progressive ataxia and palatal tremor...
- Effect of orlistat on fecal fat, fecal biliary acids, and colonic cell proliferation in obese subjectsDennis J Ahnen
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:1291-9. 2007..Our aim was to assess the effect of treatment of obese subjects with orlistat 120 mg 3 times a day for 6 weeks on fecal lipid and bile acid parameters and colonic mucosal cell proliferation...
- New radiation therapy techniques for the treatment of head and neck cancerMeisong Ding
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Suite 1032, 1665 North Ursula Street, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
Otolaryngol Clin North Am 38:371-95, vii-viii. 2005..Intensity-modulated radiotherapy has become a mainstay in head and neck cancer treatment, and the authors discuss several popular and emerging approaches. Patient immobilization and imaging are also discussed...
- Validation of the EQ-5D quality of life instrument in patients after myocardial infarctionDavid Nowels
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
Qual Life Res 14:95-105. 2005..We assessed cross-sectional validity of EQ-5D after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Analysis of docetaxel pharmacokinetics in humans with the inclusion of later sampling time-points afforded by the use of a sensitive tandem LCMS assayDaniel L Gustafson
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, C 238, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, 80220, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 52:159-66. 2003..Therefore, pharmacokinetic studies are an important component to understanding the therapeutic variability of docetaxel-containing chemotherapeutic regimens...
- Using cost-analysis techniques to measure the value of nurse practitioner careD Vincent
University of Colorado Health Science Center School of Nursing, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Int Nurs Rev 49:243-9. 2002..It is vital for nurse practitioners to document both the quality and the costs of their care in order to compete with physicians and other health care providers, in order to influence policy and other health-care decision makers...
- Mutagenesis and repair by low doses of alpha radiation in mammalian cellsTheodore T Puck
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, 1899 Gaylord Street, Denver, CO 80206 1210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12220-3. 2002..Protection from mutational disease in a fashion similar to the use of sanitation for infectious disease appears practical...
- Ferritin and desferrioxamine attenuate xanthine oxidase-dependent leak in isolated perfused rat lungsBrooks M Hybertson
Webb Waring Institute for Cancer, Aging, and Antioxidant Research, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Inflammation 26:153-9. 2002..Our results suggest that oxidative lung leak may be altered by the availability of reactive iron and that ferritin may contribute to protection against oxidative lung injury...
- Pathogenesis and management of sodium and water retention in cardiac failure and cirrhosisR W Schrier
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Semin Nephrol 21:157-72. 2001....
- Prolonged fasting significantly changes nutrient oxidation and glucose tolerance after a normal mixed mealT J Horton
Center for Human Nutrition and Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 90:155-63. 2001..Because circulating free fatty acids were greatly elevated at all times after the prolonged fast, these may be mediating some of the changes in postprandial metabolism...
- A threshold concept for cancer therapyQ Kong
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Med Hypotheses 55:29-35. 2000....
- MRI findings in haemophilic joints treated with radiosynoviorthesis with development of an MRI scale of joint damageR Nuss
Mountain States Regional Haemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Haemophilia 6:162-9. 2000..There was generally no change in the severity of synovial hyperplasia after the procedure. We conclude that MRI evaluation is not routinely indicated prior to radiosynoviorthesis...
- Hospital noise pollution: an environmental stress model to guide research and clinical interventionsM Topf
Professor, School of Nursing, University of Colorado, Colorado 80262, USA
J Adv Nurs 31:520-8. 2000..Future directions for research are recommended. Implications of the model for nursing, including an environmental activist role in an interdisciplinary effort to plan and implement noise abatement interventions, are described...
- Multi-organellar disorders of pigmentation: intracellular traffic jams in mammals, flies and yeastR A Spritz
Human Medical Genetics Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, B161, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Trends Genet 15:337-40. 1999..Recent discoveries show that several of these mutations directly affect components in the pathway of organelle-specific protein trafficking, and provide new insights into the relationships of these pathways in mammals, flies and yeast...
- Tamoxifen resistant breast cancer: coregulators determine the direction of transcription by antagonist-occupied steroid receptorsG S Takimoto
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 69:45-50. 1999..Results should provide new insights into the mechanisms underlying the progression of breast cancer to hormone resistance, and may suggest strategies for delaying or reversing this process...
- The NFkappaB inhibitory peptide, IkappaBalpha, prevents human vascular smooth muscle proliferationC H Selzman
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 67:1227-31; discussion 1231-2. 1999..We hypothesized that strategies aimed at inhibiting NFkappaB would abrogate mitogen-induced human VSMC proliferation...
- Suppression of growth hormone does not affect ongoing spermatogenesis in ratsC A Awoniyi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
J Androl 20:102-8. 1999....
- The effect of flavopiridol on the growth of p16+ and p16- melanoma cell linesWilliam A Robinson
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Melanoma Res 13:231-8. 2003....
- Therapeutic drug monitoring in the treatment of HIV-infectionJohn G Gerber
Divisions of Clinical Pharmacology and Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Clin Virol 27:117-28. 2003..At this point in time we consider TDM in the treatment of HIV-infection as experimental with significant promise for the future...
- Development of pseudorabies virus strains expressing red fluorescent proteins: new tools for multisynaptic labeling applicationsBruce W Banfield
Department of Microbiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Campus Box B175, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Virol 77:10106-12. 2003....
- Effects of perceived parental school support and family communication on delinquent behaviors in latinos and white non-latinosDeana B Davalos
Department of Psychology, Colorado State University, CO 80262, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 11:57-68. 2005..There were no significant differences in gender or ethnicity in perceived levels of family communication and parental school support...
- Hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control in an adult type 1 diabetes population and a comparable general populationDavid M Maahs
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Diabetes Care 28:301-6. 2005..To compare the prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in a population-representative sample of adults with type 1 diabetes and comparable nondiabetic control subjects...
- Clinical inquiries. What effect do inhaled steroids have on delaying the progression of COPD?Laura Hansen
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Fam Pract 53:835-6. 2004
- Elevated C-reactive protein levels in the development of type 1 diabetesH Peter Chase
Department of Pediatrics, The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, Denver, Colorado, USA
Diabetes 53:2569-73. 2004..The elevated CRP levels may provide an additional marker for risk of progression to type 1 diabetes...
- Regulation of milk lipid formation and secretion in the mouse mammary glandJames L McManaman
Division of Basic Reproductive Science, Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 554:263-79. 2004..Together these studies provide a molecular and cellular framework for understanding the process of milk lipid formation...
- Documenting natural recovery in American-Indian drinking behavior: a coding schemeMarjorie Bezdek
American Indian and Alaska Native Programs, Nighthorse Campbell Native Health Building, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Mail Stop F800, P O Box 6508, Aurora, Colorado 80045 0508, USA
J Stud Alcohol 65:428-33. 2004..This report describes a coding scheme developed to analyze how some American Indians changed their drinking behavior and explores the contributions of this approach to our understanding of natural recovery in American-Indian communities...
- The case for interdepartmental research in primary careJohn F Steiner
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Acad Med 79:617-22. 2004..The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center School of Medicine has developed a successful interdepartmental research effort in primary ..
- Regulation of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis PE/PPE genesM I Voskuil
Department of Microbiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 84:256-62. 2004..These data indicate that differential expression of the PE/PPE genes has the potential to provide a dynamic antigenic profile during the course of changing microenvironments within the host...
- Prostanoid therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertensionDavid B Badesch
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:56S-61S. 2004..In conclusion, though treatment with prostanoids is complicated by their generally short half-lives and complicated drug delivery systems, they continue to play an important role in the treatment of PAH...
- An accurate, robust, and computationally efficient navigator algorithm for measuring diaphragm positionsYiping P Du
Departments of Psychiatry and Radiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Mail Stop F478, P O Box 6508, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 6:483-90. 2004..The purpose of this study is to develop an improved algorithm for measuring the position of the diaphragm using navigator echoes...
- An elderly man with resectable lung cancerKaren Kelly
Clinical Thoracic Oncology Program, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 18:234-40. 2004
- Complement receptor 2 and autoimmunityV Michael Holers
Departments of Medicine and Immunology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colo, USA
Curr Dir Autoimmun 7:33-48. 2004....
- Effect of type 1 diabetes on the gender difference in coronary artery calcification: a role for insulin resistance? The Coronary Artery Calcification in Type 1 Diabetes (CACTI) StudyDana Dabelea
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Diabetes 52:2833-9. 2003..In conclusion, gender differences in insulin resistance-associated fat distribution may explain why type 1 diabetes increases coronary calcification in women relatively more than in men...
- Evaluation of zinc metabolism with use of stable-isotope techniques: implications for the assessment of zinc statusK M Hambidge
Department of Pediatrics and University of Colorado Center for Human Nutrition, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 68:410S-413S. 1998..Further, judicious application of zinc stable-isotope techniques could make an important contribution to progress toward the eradication of zinc deficiency in infants and young children in the developing world...
- Reconstitution of Protective CMV Immunity and Immune Regulation After HAARTAdriana Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..These analyses will define the role of TREG in the inadequate CMV immune reconstitution of HAART recipients. ..
- Adult to Adult Living Donor Liver Transplantation Cohor*James Trotter; Fiscal Year: 2007..With completion of the LDLT Cohort Study, the medical community will have a much clearer understanding of the impact of this important procedure on liver transplantation, LDLT recipients and LDLT donors. ..
- HRQL Impact of Chronic Conditions and Comorbidity BurdenPatrick Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2006..s. ..
- Evaluating reasons for variations in LDL levelsP Ho; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF VARICELLA ZOSTER VIRUSDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding latency will lead to approaches designed to prevent the cascade of events leading to virus reactivation, a cause of serious neurologic disease in the rapidly increasing elderly and immunocompromised populations. ..
- NEUROVIROLOGY-MOLECULAR BIOLOGYDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2007..Upon completion, post-doctorals are qualified to begin junior faculty positions as independent investigators to study neurovirologic or molecular biologic aspects of neurologic diseases. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF VARICELLA ZOSTER VIRUSDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding latency will lead to approaches designed to prevent the cascade of events leading to virus reactivation, a cause of serious neurologic disease in the rapidly increasing elderly and immunocompromised populations. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF VARICELLA-ZOSTER VIRUSDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 1993..These studies will yield information on the molecular basis of viral latency and reactivation which in turn provides the foundation for future studies designed to eradicate neurologic disease in the elderly produced by VZV...
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF VARICELLA-ZOSTER VIRUSDonald Gilden; Fiscal Year: 1990..These studies will yield information on the molecular basis of viral latency and reactivation which in turn provides the foundation for future studies designed to eradicate neurologic disease in the elderly produced by VZV...
- DIET AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INTERACTIONS IN OBESITYJames O Hill; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this project will improve a tool that has already been shown to have great potential for helping reduce the high rates of obesity in children. ..
- Training Medical Students to Become Child PsychiatristsRandal Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..This program would help abate the national shortage of skilled child psychiatry researchers. ..
- DIET AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INTERACTIONS IN OBESITYJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this project will improve a tool that has already been shown to have great potential for helping reduce the high rates of obesity in children. ..
- Look AHEAD: Action for Health in DiabetesJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 2007..These procedures will enable us to analyze the effects of the intervention on serious cardiovascular- related factors and complications, and cost-effectiveness of the intervention. ..
- SMOOTH PURSUIT EYE MOVEMENTS--CHILDREN OF SCHIZOPHRENICSRandal Ross; Fiscal Year: 2001..SPEM testing, behavioral and symptom evaluations, and peer adjustment assessments will be repeated 2 years after entry into the study. This will help differentiate these possibilities (aim #4 of this proposal). ..
- UTILIZATION OF INGESTED ENERGY DURING UNDERFEEDINGJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 1999..Whether and to what extent body fat accumulation will be maintained or increased will ultimately depend on whether or not there are compensatory changes in energy intake and/or energy expenditure. ..
- UTILIZATION OF INGESTED ENERGY DURING UNDERFEEDINGJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- DIET AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INTERACTIONS IN OBESITYJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will help identify the changes required in current dietary and physical activity patterns if we are going to be successful in preventing the development of obesity. ..
- Childhood Physiology and Risk for SchizophreniaRandal Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..Clarification of this methodology may lead to a novel prenatal intervention strategy designed to decrease risk for adolescent and adult onset of psychosis. ..
- Abnormal Eye Movement in Schizophrenia: Genome-Wide ScanRandal Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..Linkage in both groups will assessed using methods capable of detecting genetic effects on quantitative traits. ..
- UTILIZATION OF INGESTED ENERGY DURING UNDERFEEDINGJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 1993..In summary, these studies should increase our understanding of the role of amount and composition of dietary fat in producing obesity and the metabolic derangements that often accompany it...