J L Xue
Affiliation: United States Renal Data System
- Forecast of the number of patients with end-stage renal disease in the United States to the year 2010J L Xue
United States Renal Data System, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2753-8. 2001..They do, however, provide a basis for discussing the future growth of the ESRD program and how the ESRD community can meet the challenges ahead...
- Incidence and mortality of acute renal failure in Medicare beneficiaries, 1992 to 2001Jay L Xue
United States Renal Data System, 914 South 8th Street, Suite D 206, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1135-42. 2006..Those of older age, male gender, and black race are more likely to have ARF. These data show ARF to be a major contributor to morbidity and mortality in hospitalized patients...
- Association of heart disease with diabetes and hypertension in patients with ESRDJay L Xue
US Renal Data System Coordinating Center, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 45:316-23. 2005..We determined this effect by using data for all US adults who started renal replacement therapy from 1995 to 1999...
- Peritoneal and hemodialysis: II. Mortality risk associated with initial patient characteristicsJay L Xue
USRDS Coordinating Center and Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minnesota 55404, USA
Kidney Int 61:741-6. 2002..Patients initiating with peritoneal dialysis (PD) have favorable clinical conditions compared with hemodialysis (HD) patients, which may contribute to the varying results found in studies of mortality across the two therapies...
- Peritoneal and hemodialysis: I. Differences in patient characteristics at initiationJay L Xue
USRDS Coordinating Center and Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, MN 55404, USA
Kidney Int 61:734-40. 2002..To address this issue, we evaluated the clinical characteristics of 105,954 patients at the initiation of PD and HD, using the U.S. national incidence data on treated end-stage renal disease from the Medical Evidence Form, 1995 to 1997...
- Longitudinal study of racial and ethnic differences in developing end-stage renal disease among aged medicare beneficiariesJay L Xue
United States Renal Data System Coordinating Center, 914 South 8th Street, Suite S 206, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1299-306. 2007..Minority women especially are at greater risk for ESRD than white women. Further studies are needed to determine whether earlier initiation of dialysis is a factor in higher ESRD incidence among minorities...
- Anemia treatment in the pre-ESRD period and associated mortality in elderly patientsJay L Xue
Nephrology Analytical Services, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 40:1153-61. 2002..Anemia is a common complication of advancing chronic kidney disease, yet little is known about the consistency of anemia treatment before end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and mortality on dialysis therapy...
- The association of initial hemodialysis access type with mortality outcomes in elderly Medicare ESRD patientsJay L Xue
US Renal Data System Coordinating Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 42:1013-9. 2003..Dialysis access is critical for therapy delivery. Few studies have linked type of dialysis access to patient survival in the elderly population...
- Does predialysis nephrology care influence patient survival after initiation of dialysis?Samina S Khan
Division of Nephrology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Kidney Int 67:1038-46. 2005....
- Projecting the number of patients with end-stage renal disease in the United States to the year 2015David T Gilbertson
United States Renal Data System Coordinating Center University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3736-41. 2005..The financial and human resources that will be needed to care for these patients in 2015 will be considerably greater than in 2005...
- Epidemic of end-stage renal disease in people with diabetes in the United States population: do we know the cause?Camille A Jones
Section on Genetics and Epidemiology, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Kidney Int 67:1684-91. 2005..In this report we examined factors that may account for the increase to determine whether it truly represents an epidemic of ESRD due to diabetes...