Affiliation: United BioSource Corporation
- Patient-reported outcomes to assess the efficacy of extended-release guaifenesin for the treatment of acute respiratory tract infection symptomsHelmut Albrecht
H2A Associates, LLC, 3350 SW 27th Ave, Miami, FL 33133, USA
Respir Res 13:118. 2012....
- What do we know about asthma triggers? a review of the literatureMargaret K Vernon
United BioSource Corporation, London, UK
J Asthma 49:991-8. 2012..This study reviewed the international literature to determine whether a global checklist of common asthma triggers might be feasible for use as a research or management tool in clinical practice...
- Reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the daily sleep interference scale among diabetic peripheral neuropathy and postherpetic neuralgia patientsMargaret K Vernon
United BioSource Corporation, Center for Health Outcomes Research, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 36:54-68. 2008..The DSIS demonstrated robust test-retest reliability, good construct and discriminant validity and responsiveness in painful DPN and PHN patients. A 1-2 point change on the DSIS might be interpreted as an important difference...
- Measuring cough severity: Perspectives from the literature and from patients with chronic coughMargaret Vernon
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cough 5:5. 2009..CONCLUSION: Results suggest that patients describe cough severity in terms of frequency, intensity, and disruptiveness, indicating these 3 domains should be addressed when evaluating cough severity and outcomes of treatment...
- Psychometric validation of two patient-reported outcome measures to assess symptom severity and changes in symptoms in hereditary angioedemaMargaret K Vernon
United BioSource Corporation, Center for Health Outcomes Research, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Qual Life Res 18:929-39. 2009..Two disease-specific, patient-reported outcome measures were developed to comprehensively capture symptom severity and change: the Treatment Outcome Score (TOS) and the Mean Symptom Complex Severity (MSCS) score...
- Measurement of non-restorative sleep in insomnia: A review of the literatureMargaret K Vernon
United BioSource Corporation, Center for Health Outcomes Research, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Sleep Med Rev 14:205-12. 2010..The objective of this literature review was to identify PROs used in insomnia populations that purport to measure NRS, and to evaluate their psychometric characteristics...
- Psychometric evaluation of the Medication Satisfaction Questionnaire (MSQ) to assess satisfaction with antipsychotic medication among schizophrenia patientsMargaret K Vernon
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Schizophr Res 118:271-8. 2010..A 1-point change on the MSQ may be considered clinically meaningful...
- Measuring cough severity: development and pilot testing of a new seven-item cough severity patient-reported outcome measureMargaret Vernon
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Ther Adv Respir Dis 4:199-208. 2010..The objective of this study was to assess preliminary measurement characteristics in a small sample of patients with chronic or subacute cough...
- Perspectives on patient-reported outcomes : content validity and qualitative research in a changing clinical trial environmentNancy Kline Leidy
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 26:363-70. 2008....