Donald E Stull
Affiliation: United BioSource Corporation
- Optimal recall periods for patient-reported outcomes: challenges and potential solutionsDonald E Stull
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, 20 Bloomsbury Square, London, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 25:929-42. 2009..This paper draws on survey research, health-specific literature, and results from clinical trials to summarize factors that can influence recall and provide guidance on selecting an optimal recall period...
- Use of latent growth curve models for assessing the effects of darbepoetin alfa on hemoglobin and fatigueDonald E Stull
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, 20 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NS, UK
Contemp Clin Trials 31:172-9. 2010..Latent growth models (LGMs) were used to examine simultaneously relationships among drug exposure, fatigue outcomes, covariates, and mediating factors...
- Relative strength of relationships of nasal congestion and ocular symptoms with sleep, mood and productivityDonald E Stull
United BioSource Corporation, Center for Health Outcomes Research, London, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 25:1785-92. 2009..Nasal congestion associated with allergic rhinitis has been shown to be the most bothersome symptom. Ocular symptoms may be troublesome to patients as well...
- Development of a frequent heartburn indexDonald E Stull
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Qual Life Res 20:1023-34. 2011..S. population, yielding a single, composite score...
- Using the congestion quantifier seven-item test to assess change in patient symptoms and their impactDonald E Stull
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:295-303. 2008..Analyses of responsiveness to change suggest that a three- to four-point improvement is meaningful to patients...
- Analyzing growth and change: latent variable growth curve modeling with an application to clinical trialsDonald E Stull
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Qual Life Res 17:47-59. 2008..This paper compares results from traditional regression-based methods for analyzing data from a clinical trial (e.g., regression with change scores) with those of latent growth curve modeling (LGM)...
- Development and validation of the Congestion Quantifier seven-item test (CQ7): a screening tool for nasal congestionDonald E Stull
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Value Health 10:457-65. 2007..Nevertheless, there is no short screening tool designed specifically to identify congestion that can help patients make decisions about seeking treatment...
- Measuring functional performance in patients with COPD: a discussion of patient-reported outcome measuresDonald E Stull
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2655-65. 2007....
- Relationship of nasal congestion with sleep, mood, and productivityDonald E Stull
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:811-9. 2007..To explore the impact of nasal congestion alone relative to a full set of allergic rhinitis (AR) symptoms on sleep, fatigue, daytime somnolence, and work and school productivity in a 15-day prospective, naturalistic study...
- The congestion quantifier five-item test for nasal congestion: refinement of the congestion quantifier seven-item testDonald E Stull
Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, London, United Kingdom
Am J Rhinol Allergy 24:34-8. 2010..We explored further item reduction of the CQ7 and examined the psychometric properties of this reduced set of items in a 15-day study of patients with confirmed AR or self-identified and clinician-confirmed congestion...
- The Hunter syndrome-functional outcomes for clinical understanding scale (HS-FOCUS) questionnaire: evaluation of measurement propertiesIngela Wiklund
United BioSource Corporation, 26 28 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7HA, UK
Qual Life Res 22:875-84. 2013..This study was to conduct the psychometric validation of the patient and parent versions of the Hunter syndrome-functional outcomes for clinical understanding scale (HS-FOCUS)...
- Impact of estradiol valerate/dienogest on work productivity and activities of daily living in women with heavy menstrual bleedingRadoslaw Wasiak
United BioSource Corporation, London, United Kingdom
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:378-84. 2013..To quantify the change in work productivity and activities of daily living in North American women with heavy menstrual bleeding (HMB) treated with estradiol valerate/dienogest (E2V/DNG; Qlaira(®)/Natazia(®)) compared to placebo...
- EQ-5D™-derived utility values for different levels of migraine severity from a UK sample of migraineursMegan R Stafford
Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, 26 28 Hammersmith Grove, Floor 5E, London, W6 7HA, United Kingdom
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:65. 2012..To estimate utility values for different levels of migraine pain severity from a United Kingdom (UK) sample of migraineurs...
- Longitudinal analysis of the reciprocal effects of self-assessed global health and depressive symptomsKarl Kosloski
Department of Gerontology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, University of Nebraska Omaha, Omaha, NE 68182, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 60:P296-P303. 2005..There has been growing interest in identifying the factors that inform self-assessments of overall health. The present findings indicate that self-assessed global health is not simply a manifestation of depressed affect...
- The utility of multidimensional assessments of physical health in patient careDonald E Stull
The MEDSTAT Group, Inc, Washington, DC 20008, USA
AACN Clin Issues 14:251-60. 2003..These findings suggest that, while related, each type of measure captures a different aspect of patient physical health and functioning...