S V Sorensen
Affiliation: United BioSource Corporation
- Cost-effectiveness of dabigatran etexilate for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in atrial fibrillation: a Canadian payer perspectiveS V Sorensen
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Thromb Haemost 105:908-19. 2011..This study demonstrates that dabigatran etexilate is a highly cost-effective alternative to current care for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism among Canadian AF patients...
- A comparative analysis of models used to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of dabigatran versus warfarin for the prevention of stroke in atrial fibrillationSonja V Sorensen
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 31:589-604. 2013..The objective of this study was to compare the findings of the published economic models and identify key model features accounting for differences...
- Incidence-based cost-of-illness model for metastatic breast cancer in the United StatesSonja V Sorensen
United BioSource Corporation
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 28:12-21. 2012..This study aims to estimate the annual U.S. societal costs associated with treatment of metastatic breast cancer (MBC) patients using an incidence-based cost-of-illness (COI) framework...
- A taxonomy and economic consequences of nursing home fallsSonja V Sorensen
Health Care Analytics Group, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Drugs Aging 23:251-62. 2006..We propose a taxonomy of nursing home falls that accounts for both the severity of fall consequences and the duration of the treatment episode. No other systematic approach of this kind has been previously described...
- Model-based simulation to explore the cost-effectiveness of following practice guidelines for triglyceride and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol control among patients with diabetes mellitus and mixed dyslipidemiaSonja V Sorensen
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Clin Ther 31:862-79. 2009..The National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel III guidelines recommend maintaining lipid levels within particular targets to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) events...
- Cost-effectiveness of warfarin: trial versus "real-world" stroke prevention in atrial fibrillationSonja V Sorensen
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am Heart J 157:1064-73. 2009..Previous cost-effectiveness analyses analyzed warfarin for stroke prevention in randomized trial settings. Given the complexities of warfarin treatment, cost-effectiveness should be examined within a real-world setting...
- Dabigatran versus rivaroxaban for the prevention of stroke and systemic embolism in atrial fibrillation in Canada. Comparative efficacy and cost-effectivenessAnuraag R Kansal
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Thromb Haemost 108:672-82. 2012..This study found dabigatran is economically dominant versus rivaroxaban for prevention of stroke and systemic embolism among Canadian AF patients...
- A comparison of costs and hospital length of stay associated with intravenous/oral linezolid or intravenous vancomycin treatment of complicated skin and soft-tissue infections caused by suspected or confirmed methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus inMarianne McCollum
University o f Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Ther 29:469-77. 2007....