Affiliation: United Behavioral Health
- Impact of mailed warning to prescribers on the co-prescription of tramadol and antidepressantsDeborah Shatin
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, UnitedHealth Group, Minneapolis, MN 55344, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:149-54. 2005....
- Organizational context and taxonomy of health care databasesD Shatin
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, UnitedHealth Group, MN008 W109, 9900 Bren Road East, Minnetonka, MN 55343, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 10:367-71. 2001..Coverage considerations that affect pharmacoepidemiologic research include eligibility, the nature of the pharmacy benefit, and regulatory aspects of the treatment under consideration...
- Ambulatory use of psychotropics by employer-insured children and adolescents in a national managed care organizationDeborah Shatin
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, MN 55343, USA
Ambul Pediatr 2:111-9. 2002..To provide a description of the ambulatory use of psychotropic medications by children and adolescents in a large, geographically diverse employer-insured population...
- Population-based hepatitis C surveillance and treatment in a national managed care organizationDeborah Shatin
UnitedHealth Group, Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, 12125 Technology Drive, MN002 0260, Minneapolis, MN 55344, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:250-6. 2004..To use a national population-based automated claims database to study the testing rate, prevalence, and prescribing patterns for chronic hepatitis C...
- Healthy pregnancy program in a national managed care organization: evaluation of satisfaction and health behavior outcomesC R Drinkard
UnitedHealth Group, Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, 9900 Bren Road East, Mail Route MN008 W109, Minnetonka, MN 55343, USA
Am J Manag Care 7:377-86. 2001..To evaluate satisfaction with the Healthy Pregnancy Program (HPP), which was developed to educate and coordinate the care of pregnant women in a managed care setting...
- Postmarketing surveillance of medications and pregnancy outcomes: clarithromycin and birth malformationsC R Drinkard
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, United Health Group, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 9:549-56. 2000....
- Adverse events associated with prolonged antibiotic useSharon B Meropol
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:523-32. 2008....
- The risk of esophageal obstruction associated with an anti-allergy medication (Claritin-D 24-Hour--original formulation)Bharati Manda
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, UnitedHealth Group, 12125 Technology Drive, MN002 0260, Minneapolis, MN 55344 7302, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 13:29-34. 2004....
- Risk factors for statin-associated rhabdomyolysisStephanie Schech
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:352-8. 2007..To identify and characterize risk factors for rhabdomyolysis in patients prescribed statin monotherapy or statin plus fibrate therapy...
- Incidence of hospitalized rhabdomyolysis in patients treated with lipid-lowering drugsDavid J Graham
Office of of Drug Safety, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
JAMA 292:2585-90. 2004..Lipid-lowering agents are widely prescribed in the United States. Reliable estimates of rhabdomyolysis risk with various lipid-lowering agents are not available...
- New-onset and idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: incidence, diagnostic validity, and potential risk factorsStephanie D Schech
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, USA
Am J Hematol 81:657-63. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the incidence rate for new-onset and idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) among adults 20-64 years old, the validity of diagnostic criteria, and potential risk factors for TTP...
- Perinatal hepatitis B transmission and vaccination timing in a managed care cohort: assessment of the temporary delay in newborn hepatitis B vaccination due to thimerosal contentSoju Chang
Division of Epidemiology, Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:329-33. 2007..S. childhood immunization schedule, of vaccinations during the first 2 years of life...
- Risk of serious bacterial infections among rheumatoid arthritis patients exposed to tumor necrosis factor alpha antagonistsJeffrey R Curtis
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Center for Education and Research on Therapeutics, AL 35294, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:1125-33. 2007..To evaluate the risk of serious bacterial infections associated with tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) antagonists among rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients...
- Documented tuberculin skin testing among infliximab users following a multi-modal risk communication interventionsDeborah Shatin
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:11-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate patterns and predictors of documented tuberculin skin testing in patients before and after manufacturer, federal, and academic risk communications...
- Health plan administrative databases can efficiently identify serious myopathy and rhabdomyolysisSusan E Andrade
Meyers Primary Care Institute Fallon Foundation and University of Massachusetts Medical School, 630 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 58:171-4. 2005....
- Pharmacy data for tuberculosis surveillance and assessment of patient managementDeborah S Yokoe
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1426-31. 2004..Pharmacy data can help public health officials to find TB cases and assess their management in populations that receive care in the private sector...
- A study of compliance with FDA recommendations for pemoline (Cylert)Mary E Willy
Office of Drug Safety, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:785-90. 2002..To assess compliance with product labeling recommendations to use pemoline as second-line therapy for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and to obtain baseline and biweekly liver enzyme tests...
- Incidence of idiopathic acute liver failure and hospitalized liver injury in patients treated with troglitazoneDavid J Graham
Office of Drug Safety, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20857, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 98:175-9. 2003..This study was conducted to estimate the incidence rates of hospitalized idiopathic acute liver injury and ALF among troglitazone-treated patients...
- Ambulatory use of ticlopidine and clopidogrel in association with percutaneous coronary revascularization procedures in a national managed care organizationDeborah Shatin
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, MN008 W109, UnitedHealth Group, 9900 Bren Rd East, Minnetonka, MN 55343, USA
J Interv Cardiol 15:181-6. 2002..These results were important in considering the overall benefit-risk profile...