Affiliation: United BioSource Corporation
- Health technology assessment in the United StatesBryan Luce
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 25:33-41. 2009..To describe and explore the reasons for the current health technology assessment (HTA) landscape in the United States...
- Principles for planning and conducting comparative effectiveness researchBryan R Luce
United BioSource Corporation, Science Policy, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Comp Eff Res 1:431-40. 2012..To develop principles for planning and conducting comparative effectiveness research (CER)...
- EBM, HTA, and CER: clearing the confusionBryan R Luce
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD, USA
Milbank Q 88:256-76. 2010..The objective of this article is to clarify their definitions and the relationships among key terms and concepts...
- Cost-effectiveness of live attenuated influenza vaccine versus inactivated influenza vaccine among children aged 24-59 months in the United StatesBryan R Luce
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Vaccine 26:2841-8. 2008....
- What will it take to make cost-effectiveness analysis acceptable in the United States?Bryan R Luce
MEDTAP Institute at United BioSource Corporation UBC, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Med Care 43:44-8. 2005..It discounts many of the conventional arguments regarding the real obstacles to using CEA and suggests steps needed to make CEA more acceptable to US healthcare decision-makers...
- Can managed care organizations partner with manufacturers for comparative effectiveness research?Bryan R Luce
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Ave, Ste 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:149-56. 2008..To describe 2 published pragmatic or practical clinical trials (PCTs) as case studies illustrating successful partnerships between managed care organizations (MCOs) and pharmaceutical manufacturers...
- Value of biologic therapy: a forecasting model in three disease areasL Clark Paramore
Center for Health Economics, Epidemiology and Science Policy, United BioSource Corporation, Lexington, MA 02420, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 26:41-51. 2010..Forecast the return on investment (ROI) for advances in biologic therapies in years 2015 and 2030, based upon impact on disease prevalence, morbidity, and mortality for asthma, diabetes, and colorectal cancer...
- The return on investment in health care: from 1980 to 2000Bryan R Luce
United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Value Health 9:146-56. 2006..To estimate the return on US investment (ROI) in overall health as well as four specific conditions...
- Economic burden of heart failure: a summary of recent literatureWon Chan Lee
Abt Associates Inc HERQuLES, Bethesda, MD, USA
Heart Lung 33:362-71. 2004..Methods A key-word search of literature indexes for relevant citations identified 54 articles that were then summarized for findings on HF economics...
- The effect on social welfare of a switch of second-generation antihistamines from prescription to over-the-counter status: a microeconomic analysisYa Chen Tina Shih
MEDTAP International, Inc, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Clin Ther 24:701-16. 2002..The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently held a meeting to determine whether the status of second-generation antihistamines (SGAs) should be switched from prescription (Rx) to over-the-counter (OTC) status...
- Patient satisfaction with budesonide Turbuhaler versus triamcinolone acetonide administered via pressurized metered-dose inhaler in a managed care settingKevin B Weiss
Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Asthma 42:769-76. 2005..Patients treated with budesonide were significantly more satisfied and compliant with their inhaled corticosteroid regimen compared with patients treated with triamcinolone acetonide...
- Evidence based? Caveat emptor!Earl P Steinberg
Resolution Health Inc, San Jose, California, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:80-92. 2005....
- Key principles for the improved conduct of health technology assessments for resource allocation decisionsMichael F Drummond
Centre for Health Economics, University of York, Heslington, York, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 24:244-58; discussion 362-8. 2008..The principles are organized into four sections: (i) "Structure" of HTA programs; (ii) "Methods" of HTA; (iii) "Processes for Conduct" of HTA; and (iv) "Use of HTAs in Decision Making."..
- Effectiveness of budesonide administered via dry-powder inhaler versus triamcinolone acetonide administered via pressurized metered-dose inhaler for adults with persistent asthma in managed care settingsKevin B Weiss
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Clin Ther 26:102-14. 2004..However, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness comparisons of available inhaled corticosteroids in real-life clinical settings are lacking...
- Principles of good practice for decision analytic modeling in health-care evaluation: report of the ISPOR Task Force on Good Research Practices--Modeling StudiesMilton C Weinstein
Center for Risk Analysis, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Value Health 6:9-17. 2003..This report describes the consensus of a task force convened to provide modelers with guidelines for conducting and reporting modeling studies...