Greg de Lissovoy
Affiliation: United BioSource Corporation
- Surgical site infection: incidence and impact on hospital utilization and treatment costsGregory de Lissovoy
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Am J Infect Control 37:387-97. 2009..Surgical site infections (SSIs) are serious operative complications that occur in approximately 2% of surgical procedures and account for some 20% of health care-associated infections...
- Measuring the burden of illness for end-stage renal disease: some heavy lifting requiredG de Lissovoy
United BioSource Corp, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Kidney Int 72:1045-7. 2007..This Commentary describes the methodology of BOI analysis, its role in formulating public policy, and the potential application to improving care for ESRD...
- The costs of treating acute heart failure: an economic analysis of the SURVIVE trialGregory de Lissovoy
United BioSource Corporation, Center for Health Economics, Epidemiology and Science Policy, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Med Econ 11:415-29. 2008....
- Hospital costs for treatment of acute heart failure: economic analysis of the REVIVE II studyGreg de Lissovoy
United BioSource Corporation, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Eur J Health Econ 11:185-93. 2010..We report an economic analysis of REVIVE II from the hospital perspective...
- A prospective study of the cost-utility of the multichannel cochlear implantC S Palmer
MEDTAP International, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 125:1221-8. 1999..Prior clinical studies have indicated that cochlear implantation provides benefits to individuals with advanced sensorineural hearing loss who are unable to gain effective speech recognition with hearing aids...
- Economic issues in the treatment and prevention of deep vein thrombosis from a managed care perspectiveG de Lissovoy
MEDTAP International, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Manag Care 7:S535-8; discussion S538-44. 2001..What is needed now is better evidence as a basis for decisions regarding DVT prophylaxis and clinical studies that track the long-term clinical and economic impact of DVT...
- Relationship of hemoglobin A1c, age of diabetes diagnosis, and ethnicity to clinical outcomes and medical costs in a computer-simulated cohort of persons with type 2 diabetesG de Lissovoy
MEDTAP International, Inc, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Am J Manag Care 6:573-84. 2000..e., a sustained reduction in glycosylated hemoglobin (hemoglobin A1c [HbA1c]) on the lifetime incidence and direct medical costs of complications in persons with type 2 diabetes...