Hartwig Schulz Key
Affiliation: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Antibody and cytokine responses in Dracunculus medinensis patients at distinct states of infectionStefanie Knopp
Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstr 27, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 102:277-83. 2008..medinensis, which extended beyond the parasite-specific immune responsiveness. The detection of D. medinensis-specific IgG(1) and IgG(4) isotypes may help to distinguish newly exposed, patent and post-patent D. medinensis infections...
- Microfilariae of the filarial nematode Litomosoides sigmodontis exacerbate the course of lipopolysaccharide-induced sepsis in miceMarc P Hübner
Institute of Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Infect Immun 76:1668-77. 2008....
- Inhibition of type 1 diabetes in filaria-infected non-obese diabetic mice is associated with a T helper type 2 shift and induction of FoxP3+ regulatory T cellsMarc P Hübner
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Immunology 127:512-22. 2009..This protection is associated with a Th2 shift, as demonstrated by cytokine and antibody production, and with an increase in CD4(+) CD25(+) FoxP3(+) regulatory T cells...
- Litomosoides sigmodontis: a simple method to infect mice with L3 larvae obtained from the pleural space of recently infected jirds (Meriones unguiculatus)Marc P Hübner
Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Exp Parasitol 123:95-8. 2009..Additionally, this method allows for geographical separation of the facility maintaining the L. sigmodontis life cycle from the institution at which mice are infected...
- Type 2 immune-inducing helminth vaccination maintains protective efficacy in the setting of repeated parasite exposuresMarc P Hübner
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Vaccine 28:1746-57. 2010..These results demonstrate that vaccines which induce type 2 immune responses can maintain their efficacy in the setting of repeated parasite exposures...
- Litomosoides sigmodontis cystatin acts as an immunomodulator during experimental filariasisAlexander W Pfaff
Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstrasse 27, 72074, Tubingen, Germany
Int J Parasitol 32:171-8. 2002..These results suggested that cystatin acts as an immunomodulatory molecule during the course of a filarial infection, and its neutralisation might contribute to generate protective immune responses...
- Cytokine and chemokine responses in patients co-infected with Entamoeba histolytica/dispar, Necator americanus and Mansonella perstans and changes after anti-parasite treatmentPeter T Soboslay
Institute for Tropical Medicine, Wilhelmstr 27, University of Tubingen, Germany
Microbes Infect 8:238-47. 2006..The changes in this profile following anti-parasite therapy disclosed the dynamics of an immune adaptation associated with parasite accumulation and also with clearance of parasite infections...
- Parasite-specific antibody and cytokine profiles in newborns from Plasmodium falciparum and Entamoeba histolytica/dispar-infected mothersAstrid K Kirch
Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 15:133-41. 2004..falciparum will suffice to prime in utero their children for inflammatory and both Th(1)- and Th(2)-type cytokine responses, and such broad and mixed cytokine spectrum may be of advantage upon secondary parasite challenge in later life...