Affiliation: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Church-based obesity treatment for African-American women improves adherenceTracy Sbrocco
Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Ethn Dis 15:246-55. 2005..All groups lost weight and maintained these losses at 12-month follow-up. Preliminary results suggest treatment setting may play an important role in treatment adherence and sample characteristics...
- Adherence and weight loss outcomes associated with food-exercise diary preference in a military weight management programLaura E Shay
Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, United States
Eat Behav 10:220-7. 2009..2% vs. 43.4%, p=.015) and exercise (60.6% vs. 31.2%, p=.001). Though no difference was seen between groups on weight management outcomes, these results suggest that diary preference affects adherence to diary use...
- Yo-yo dieting in African American women: weight cycling and healthRobyn L Osborn
Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology, USU Center for Health Disparities, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Ethn Dis 21:274-80. 2011..This study examined weight cycling prevalence among African American women prior to enrolling in a weight management program. Associations of weight cycling with physical and psychological health were conducted...
- The effects of false physiological feedback on tumescence and cognitive domains in sexually functional and dysfunctional menJay M Stone
Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Arch Sex Behav 38:528-37. 2009..Prevention and treatment should focus on preparing men for occasional erectile failure and on helping them overcome discrepant feedback...
- The impact of nurse case management home visitation on birth outcomes in African-American womenNatalie Wells
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:547-52. 2008..S. infant mortality rates, racial disparities persist, with black Americans experiencing 2.4 times the rate of their white counterparts. Low birthweight and preterm delivery contribute to this disparity...
- Ethnic differences in preferences for female weight and waist-to-hip ratio: a comparison of African-American and White American college and community samplesRachel E K Freedman
Department of Psychology, American University, 321 Asbury Building, Washington, DC 20016 8062, USA
Eat Behav 5:191-8. 2004....
- Factor structure, reliability, and validity of the Penn State Worry Questionnaire: differences between African-American and White-American college studentsMichele M Carter
Department of Psychology, American University, 321 Asbury Bldg, Washington, DC 20016 8062, USA
J Anxiety Disord 19:827-43. 2005..Furthermore, among African-Americans level of ethnic identity was negatively related to state and trait measures of anxiety, but unrelated to measures of depression and worry...
- Do men hold African-American and Caucasian women to different standards of beauty?Rachel E K Freedman
American University, Washington DC 20016 8062, USA
Eat Behav 8:319-33. 2007..The results are discussed in terms of possible changes to cultural values that may be reflected in a change in what is considered attractive...