Marcy B Grace
Affiliation: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Real-time quantitative RT-PCR assay of GADD45 gene expression changes as a biomarker for radiation biodosimetryM B Grace
Biological Dosimetry Team, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 78:1011-21. 2002..To assess the efficacy of fluorescent-based quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (QRT-PCR) technology to measure gene expression changes (GEC) for rapid, point-of-care radiation dose assessment...
- Development and assessment of a quantitative reverse transcription-PCR assay for simultaneous measurement of four ampliconsMarcy B Grace
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Biological Dosimetry Team, 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Clin Chem 49:1467-75. 2003....
- Use of a centrifuge-based automated blood cell counter for radiation dose assessmentMarcy B Grace
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Biological Dosimetry Team, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Mil Med 171:908-12. 2006..This simple dry procedure provides reliable lymphocyte counts for results that fall within the normal lymphocyte count range (1-4 x 10(9) cells per L) for radiation exposure assessment using lymphocyte-depletion kinetics...
- 5-AED enhances survival of irradiated mice in a G-CSF-dependent manner, stimulates innate immune cell function, reduces radiation-induced DNA damage and induces genes that modulate cell cycle progression and apoptosisMarcy B Grace
Radiation Countermeasures Program, Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
J Radiat Res 53:840-53. 2012..Our results suggest 5-AED survival enhancement is G-CSF-dependent, and that it stimulates innate immune cell function and reduces radiation-induced DNA damage via induction of genes that modulate cell cycle progression and apoptosis...
- Effects of genistein administration on cytokine induction in whole-body gamma irradiated miceVijay K Singh
Department of Radiation Biology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20889 5603, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 9:1401-10. 2009....
- Synopsis of partial-body radiation diagnostic biomarkers and medical management of radiation injury workshopPataje G S Prasanna
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Radiat Res 173:245-53. 2010..For each area, the status, advantages and limitations of existing approaches and suggestions for new directions are presented...
- Human in vivo radiation-induced biomarkers: gene expression changes in radiotherapy patientsSally A Amundson
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 64:6368-71. 2004..Additional studies may reveal correlations between responses and either diagnosis or prognosis, and such in vivo validation marks an important step in the development of potentially informative radiation exposure biomarkers...