Christi S Ulmer
- A multi-component cognitive-behavioral intervention for sleep disturbance in veterans with PTSD: a pilot studyChristi S Ulmer
Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 7:57-68. 2011..A combined intervention involving both a nightmare-specific intervention and CBT for insomnia may lead to more marked reductions in PTSD-related sleep disturbances...
- Sleep disturbance and baroreceptor sensitivity in women with posttraumatic stress disorderChristi S Ulmer
Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:643-7. 2009..Lower BRS was associated with poorer sleep in women with PTSD, but not in those without. Future research should investigate causal relationships between sleep and blood pressure regulation in those with PTSD...
- Mindfulness and acceptance are associated with exercise maintenance in YMCA exercisersChristi S Ulmer
Department of Psychological and Brain Science, 317 Life Sciences Building, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Behav Res Ther 48:805-9. 2010..Future studies should utilize longitudinal design to examine causal relationships between variables...
- Sensitivity and specificity of polysomnographic criteria for defining insomniaJack D Edinger
VA and Duke University Medical Centers, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 9:481-91. 2013..We then evaluated the sensitivity and specificity of the eligibility criteria employed in a number of recent insomnia trials for identifying primary insomnia sufferers in our sample...
- Behavioral health mediators of the link between posttraumatic stress disorder and dyslipidemiaPaul A Dennis
Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC, 27705, USA
J Psychosom Res 77:45-50. 2014..Although this link is thought to reflect response to heightened stress, behavioral health risks, including smoking, alcohol dependence, and poor sleep quality, may mediate the relationship between PTSD and dyslipidemia...
- Move over LOCF: principled methods for handling missing data in sleep disorder trialsMaren K Olsen
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Sleep Med 13:123-32. 2012..Our goal is for this paper to serve as a guide to sleep disorder clinical trial researchers on how to utilize principled methods for incomplete data in their trial analyses...
- Ethnic differences in continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) adherence in veterans with and without psychiatric disordersMelanie K Means
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Behav Sleep Med 8:260-73. 2010..AAs with mental health diagnoses showed the lowest CPAP adherence; additional research is needed to identify factors that may be increasing the risk for CPAP non-adherence in these individuals...