William J Crump
Affiliation: U of L School of Medicine
- Outcomes and cost savings of free clinic careW J Crump
U of L Family Medicine, U of L School of Medicine, Trover Campus, 435 N Kentucky Ave, Ste A, Madisonville, KY 42431, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 104:340-3. 2006..Compared to utilization before the free clinic period, a savings of dollar 33,145 was realized, largely due to decreased emergency department care and hospitalization...
- A sense of place: rural training at a regional medical school campusWilliam J Crump
Department of Family and Community Medicine and Trover Foundation Off Campus Teaching Center Trover Campus, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Madisonville, KY, USA
J Rural Health 20:80-4. 2004..Regional rural campuses that allow students to live and work in small towns during the last 2 years of medical school are one strategy to address this issue...
- Just what are rural premedical students thinking? A report of the first 6 years of a pathways programWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Trover Campus, 200 Clinic Drive, Madisonville, KY 42431, USA
J Rural Health 26:97-9. 2010..To assess outcomes of the first 6 years of a program designed to facilitate medical school admission for rural premedical students...
- Outcomes of a preclinical rural medicine elective at an urban medical schoolWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Trover Campus, Madisonville, KY 42431, USA
Fam Med 42:717-22. 2010..We report here the effect of the RME on student opinions and knowledge concerning rural practice, as well as initial effects on specialty and rural practice choice...
- An innovative method for preparation for rural practice: the high school rural scholars programWilliam J Crump
University of Louisville/Trover Foundation, Off Campus Teaching Center, Madisonville, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 100:499-504. 2002..The ACT composite score increased by 1.2 points, to 23. The reading and science subscores showed the largest increase. Although labor-intensive for the coordinators, the program was successful in meeting the stated goals...