Russell B Van Dyke
Affiliation: Tulane University
- A comparison of 3 regimens to prevent nevirapine resistance mutations in HIV-infected pregnant women receiving a single intrapartum dose of nevirapineRussell B Van Dyke
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:285-93. 2012..We hypothesized that increasing the duration or potency of the tail would further reduce this risk to <10%, using a sensitive assay to measure resistance...
- Reported adherence as a determinant of response to highly active antiretroviral therapy in children who have human immunodeficiency virus infectionRussell B Van Dyke
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Pediatrics 109:e61. 2002..Little is known about the adherence of children to HAART. The objective of this study was to identify correlates of adherence to HAART and the relationship between adherence and study outcomes in a pediatric clinical trial...
- Mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 in the era prior to the availability of combination antiretroviral therapy: the role of drugs of abuseRussell B Van Dyke
Tulane University Health Sciences, New Orleans, LA 70112, United States
Life Sci 88:922-5. 2011..Reasons for this association may be both behavioral and biological. Drug use is associated with poor adherence to ART and medical care. Opioids enhance infection of macrophages by HIV...
- Antiretroviral treatment of US children with perinatally acquired HIV infection: temporal changes in therapy between 1991 and 2009 and predictors of immunologic and virologic outcomesRussell B Van Dyke
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:165-73. 2011..We sought to describe the disease status of a large cohort of such children and identify predictors of their current CD4 count and HIV viral load (VL)...
- Toxicities associated with dual nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor regimens in HIV-infected childrenRussell B Van Dyke
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Infect Dis 198:1599-608. 2008..Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) therapy includes a backbone of nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). Toxicities associated with NRTIs are not fully defined in children...
- Cardiac status of children infected with human immunodeficiency virus who are receiving long-term combination antiretroviral therapy: results from the Adolescent Master Protocol of the Multicenter Pediatric HIV/AIDS Cohort StudySteven E Lipshultz
Department of Pediatrics, Universityof Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, FL, USA
JAMA Pediatr 167:520-7. 2013..This study suggests that highly active ART (HAART) does not appear to impair heart function...
- Bone mineral density in children and adolescents with perinatal HIV infectionLinda A DiMeglio
Section of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
AIDS 27:211-20. 2013..To estimate prevalence of low bone mineral density (BMD) in perinatally HIV-infected (HIV+) and HIV-exposed but uninfected (HEU) children, and to determine predictors of BMD in HIV+...
- Balance and gait abnormalities of a child with West Nile virus infectionTroy D Moon
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:568-70. 2005..West Nile virus-specific IgM and IgG antibodies were detected in the patient's cerebrospinal fluid...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) vaccine in HIV-infected children 7 to 12 years oldMyron J Levin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:197-204. 2010..Quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine (QHPV) is > 95% effective in preventing infection with vaccine-type human papillomavirus. The safety and immunogenicity of QHPV are unknown in HIV-infected children...
- Incidence of noninfectious conditions in perinatally HIV-infected children and adolescents in the HAART eraSharon A Nachman
Department of Pediatrics, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8111, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:164-71. 2009....
- Safety of perinatal exposure to antiretroviral medications: developmental outcomes in infantsPatricia A Sirois
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:648-55. 2013..This study evaluated effects of perinatal exposure to antiretroviral (ARV) medications on neurodevelopment of HIV-exposed, uninfected infants...
- Amniotic fluid has higher relative levels of lentivirus-specific antibodies than plasma and can contain neutralizing antibodiesHeather B Jaspan
Interdisciplinary Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Clin Virol 31:190-7. 2004..Natural protective mechanisms involving lentivirus-specific antibodies may therefore exist to limit in utero transmission of lentiviruses...
- Long-term effectiveness of highly active antiretroviral therapy on the survival of children and adolescents with HIV infection: a 10-year follow-up studyKunjal Patel
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:507-15. 2008..Given that HIV infection is chronic and that exposure to HAART is likely to be life-long, there is a need to evaluate the long-term effect of HAART on survival in this population...
- Incidence of opportunistic and other infections in HIV-infected children in the HAART eraPhilimon Gona
Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Mass, USA
JAMA 296:292-300. 2006....
- Hepatitis C prevalence in children with perinatal human immunodeficiency virus infection enrolled in a long-term follow-up protocolSusan Schuval
Schneider Children s Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11042, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:1007-13. 2004..To evaluate the prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in children with perinatal human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- TULANE/LSU PEDIATRIC AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITRussell Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will continue to provide leadership in the areas of perinatal transmission of HIV, the complications of HIV infection, adolescent medicine, and behavioral issues such as adherence to therapy. ..
- Tulane/LSU HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Networks UnitRussell Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2007..The CTU will conduct clinical trials developed by the IMPAACT Network and an Adult Network in order to develop new and improved ways to treat and prevent HIV infection in adults and children. ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: ..
- Coordinating Center for the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Cohort S*Russell Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2007....