Alan J Stolier
Affiliation: Tulane University
- Terminal duct lobular units are scarce in the nipple: implications for prophylactic nipple-sparing mastectomy: terminal duct lobular units in the nippleAlan J Stolier
Tulane University Department of Surgery and Omega Hospital, 2525 Severn Ave, New Orleans, LA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:438-42. 2008..There is evidence to suggest that ductal and lobular breast cancer arises in the terminal duct/lobular unit (TDLU). This study was undertaken to determine whether TDLUs exist in the nipple and if so, to what extent...
- Technical considerations in nipple-sparing mastectomy: 82 consecutive cases without necrosisAlan J Stolier
Department of Surgery, Tulane University, 2525 Severn Ave, Metairie, New Orleans, LA 70002, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1341-7. 2008..As yet, there are no established techniques that are universally applied to NSM. Herein we describe our surgical approach...
- Initial experience with surgical treatment planning in the newly diagnosed breast cancer patient at high risk for BRCA-1 or BRCA-2 mutationAlan J Stolier
Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Breast J 10:475-80. 2004..It also prevents women who would otherwise be candidates for breast preservation from undergoing unnecessary radiation therapy should they chose prophylactic mastectomy in the face of a positive test...
- A comparison of methylene blue and lymphazurin in breast cancer sentinel node mappingWalter D Blessing
Department of Surgery, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
Am J Surg 184:341-5. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare methylene blue and lymphazurin for performing sentinel node mapping for breast cancer...
- Areola-sparing mastectomy: defining the risksAlan J Stolier
Department of Surgery, Tulane University, Tulane University Cancer Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:118-24. 2005
- Newly diagnosed breast cancer patients choose bilateral mastectomy over breast-conserving surgery when testing positive for a BRCA1/2 mutationAlan J Stolier
Department of Surgery, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am Surg 71:1031-3. 2005..The only patient not undergoing bilateral mastectomy was awaiting liver transplant. Women who are candidates for breast-conserving surgery and who test positive for a breast cancer gene mutation choose mastectomy over surveillance...
- Postlumpectomy Insertion of the MammoSite brachytherapy device using the scar entry technique: initial experience and technical considerationsAlan J Stolier
Department of Surgery, Tulane University and the Tulane Cancer Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Breast J 11:199-203. 2005..Patients undergoing accelerated partial breast irradiation with the MammoSite inserted using SET had excellent overall cosmetic results. Advantages of the SET over intraoperative placement are presented...
- Postmastectomy radiation in patients with four or more positive nodesStephania K C Timothy
Department of Surgery, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121, USA
Am Surg 68:539-44; discussion 544-5. 2002..Adding PMR to breast cancer treatment demonstrated no improvement in outcome. Despite limitations of this retrospective study the results strongly support evaluation of PMR by a high-quality randomized prospective trial...