I S Speizer
Affiliation: Tulane University
- An evaluation of the "Entre Nous Jeunes" peer-educator program for adolescents in CameroonI S Speizer
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Department of International Health and Development, 1440 Canal Street, Suite 2200, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Stud Fam Plann 32:339-51. 2001..In the absence of a peer-education program, current contraceptive use in the intervention community would have been significantly lower...
- The effectiveness of adolescent reproductive health interventions in developing countries: a review of the evidenceIlene S Speizer
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:324-48. 2003
- How well do perceptions of family planning service quality correspond to objective measures? Evidence from TanzaniaI S Speizer
Tulane University School of Public Health, Department of International Health and Development, New Orleans, LA 70112 2737, USA
Stud Fam Plann 31:163-77. 2000..Future surveys of facility quality should develop objective measures to better predict the perceived quality, with the underlying goal of increasing contraceptive use...
- Evaluation of the PSAMAO "Roulez Protégé" mass media campaign in Burkina Faso. Prévention du SIDA sur les Axes Migratoires de l'Afrique de l'OuestB Oleko Tambashe
Department of International Health and Development and the Payson Center for International Development and Technology Transfer, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 15:33-48. 2003..Reinforcing interpersonal counseling interventions should, down the road, lead to overall knowledge and behavior changes among the high-risk trucker population...
- Evaluation of the ATBEF Youth Centre in Lome, TogoIlene S Speizer
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, USA
Afr J Reprod Health 8:38-54. 2004..The youth centre is meeting its goal of providing services to high-risk youth in LomÃ©. To increase youth centre access for all youth, it will be necessary to increase the number of youth centres...
- Gender differences in cues that affect condom use among adolescents in Lomé, TogoIlene S Speizer
Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Afr J Reprod Health 6:70-81. 2002....
- Contraceptive method use by adolescents in Brazilian state capitalKeila R O Gomes
Department of Nursing, Federal University of Piauí Teresina, Piaui, Brazil
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 21:213-9. 2008..This study examines prior contraceptive method use by pregnant or recently pregnant adolescents in Teresina-Piauí, Brazil...
- Using strength of fertility motivations to identify family planning program strategiesIlene S Speizer
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Int Fam Plan Perspect 32:185-91. 2006..Use of unmet need for family planning to identify prospective clients may misrepresent the actual family planning needs of a population, given that a large proportion of women have ambivalent fertility desires...
- An exploration of the dimensions of pregnancy intentions among women choosing to terminate pregnancy or to initiate prenatal care in New Orleans, LouisianaJohn S Santelli
Applied Sciences Branch, Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Public Health 96:2009-15. 2006..We examined pregnancy decisionmaking among women seeking abortion or prenatal care...
- Gender relations and reproductive decision making in HondurasIlene S Speizer
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int Fam Plan Perspect 31:131-9. 2005..Gender differences influence decision making about reproductive health. Most information on reproductive health decision making in Latin America has come from women's reports of men's involvement...
- Differences in food intake and exercise by smoking status in adolescentsDiane B Wilson
Department of Internal Medicine, and Massey Cancer Center, PO Box 980306, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0306, USA
Prev Med 40:872-9. 2005..This study examined the relationship between smoking and the consumption of fruit, vegetables, milk/dairy products and the frequency of exercise in 10,635 Virginia youth...
- Who are the pregnant adolescents in the poorest state capital of Brazil?Keila R O Gomes
Department of Nursing, Federal University of Piaui, Piaui, Brazil
Public Health Nurs 25:319-26. 2008..This study determines which adolescent girls are becoming pregnant...