Genomes and Genes
Stacy S Drury
Affiliation: Tulane University
- The role of the dopamine transporter (DAT) in the development of PTSD in preschool childrenStacy S Drury
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:534-9. 2009..The specificity of this finding to the increased arousal symptoms of Criterion D suggests that dopamine and the DAT allele may contribute to one heritable path in a multifinality model of the development of PTSD...
- The association of a novel haplotype in the dopamine transporter with preschool age posttraumatic stress disorderStacy S Drury
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 23:236-43. 2013....
- Telomere length and early severe social deprivation: linking early adversity and cellular agingS S Drury
Department of Psychiatry, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 17:719-27. 2012....
- Genetic sensitivity to the caregiving context: the influence of 5httlpr and BDNF val66met on indiscriminate social behaviorStacy S Drury
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1440 Canal St TB 52, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Physiol Behav 106:728-35. 2012....
- The traumatic impact of Hurricane Katrina on children in New OrleansStacy S Drury
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Tulane University School of Medicine, Health Science Center, 1440 Canal Street, TB 52, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:685-702, x. 2008..The authors review preliminary studies about the affects of the hurricane on children and adolescents and conclude with a consideration of the lessons learned from both practice and policy perspectives...
- Modification of depression by COMT val158met polymorphism in children exposed to early severe psychosocial deprivationStacy S Drury
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Child Abuse Negl 34:387-95. 2010..To examine the impact of the catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) val(158)met allele on depressive symptoms in young children exposed to early severe social deprivation as a result of being raised in institutions...
- A randomized controlled trial comparing foster care and institutional care for children with signs of reactive attachment disorderAnna T Smyke
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:508-14. 2012....
- Neighborhood disorder and telomeres: connecting children's exposure to community level stress and cellular responseKatherine P Theall
Department of Global Community Health and Behavioral Sciences, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, 1440 Canal St, Suite 2301, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Soc Sci Med 85:50-8. 2013..e., neighborhood disorder) able to reflect differences in stress exposure levels even in young children...
- Cumulative neighborhood risk of psychosocial stress and allostatic load in adolescentsKatherine P Theall
Department of Global Community Health and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, 1440 Canal Street, Suite 2301, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Epidemiol 176:S164-74. 2012..These findings offer support for the hypothesis that neighborhood risks may culminate in a range of biologically mediated negative health outcomes detectable in adolescents...