Mark A Beilke
Affiliation: Tulane University
- Clinical outcomes and disease progression among patients coinfected with HIV and human T lymphotropic virus types 1 and 2Mark A Beilke
Department of Medicine, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:256-63. 2004..In conclusion, HIV-HTLV-I/II coinfection may result in improved survival and delayed progression to AIDS, but this happens at the expense of an increased frequency of other of clinical complications...
- Tropical spastic paraparesis/human T leukemia virus type 1-associated myelopathy in HIV type 1-coinfected patientsMark A Beilke
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:e57-63. 2005..Among HTLV-1- or HTLV-2-monoinfected individuals, the estimated lifetime risk for development of TSP/HAM is <2%. However, it has been suggested that HIV/HTLV coinfection may increase the risk for development of TSP/HAM...
- Relationship between human T lymphotropic virus (HTLV) type 1/2 viral burden and clinical and treatment parameters among patients with HIV type 1 and HTLV-1/2 coinfectionMark A Beilke
Tulane University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Clin Infect Dis 44:1229-34. 2007..The long-term effects of coinfection are unknown, and little information exists regarding how levels of HTLV-1/2 viral burden are affected by antiretroviral medications...
- Human T cell leukemia virus type 1 up-regulation after simian immunodeficiency virus-1 coinfection in the nonhuman primateVicki L Traina-Dorge
Division of Microbiology, Tulane National Primate Research Center, Covington, LA 70433, USA
J Infect Dis 195:562-71. 2007..We conclude that SIV may have the potential to up-regulate HTLV-1 and disease expression...
- Upregulation of HTLV-1 and HTLV-2 expression by HIV-1 in vitroUpal Roy
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Med Virol 80:494-500. 2008..It is concluded that HIV-1 augments HTLV-1/2 infectivity in vitro. The findings also suggest a role for the HIV-1 Tat protein and PMA-inducible cellular factors, in HIV-1 induced HTLV-1/2 antigen expression...
- Acute hypersensitivity reaction to enfuvurtide upon re-challengeMark A Beilke
Scand J Infect Dis 36:778. 2004