Affiliation: Tufts University
- Successful treatment of diarrheal disease associated with enteroaggregative Escherichia coli in adults infected with human immunodeficiency virusC A Wanke
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, New England, USA
J Infect Dis 178:1369-72. 1998..It is likely that EAggEc are a treatable cause of diarrheal disease in some persons with HIV and no other apparent enteric pathogen...
- Recombinant human growth hormone improves the fat redistribution syndrome (lipodystrophy) in patients with HIVC Wanke
Division of Infectious Disease, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS 13:2099-103. 1999..To determine the efficacy of recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) in the treatment of the fat redistribution syndrome (FRS) in patients with HIV...
- The fat redistribution syndrome in patients infected with HIV: measurements of body shape abnormalitiesJ Gerrior
Department of Community Health, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 101:1175-80. 2001..These body composition changes were not transitory in this short follow-up period...
- Diagnosis of intestinal microsporidiosis by examination of stool and duodenal aspirate with Weber's modified trichrome and Uvitex 2B strainsP C DeGirolami
Department of Pathology, New England Deaconess Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Microbiol 33:805-10. 1995..Strict adherence to precise diagnostic criteria is necessary to avoid incorrect results. The simultaneous use of both staining methods enhances performance and may provide greater accuracy, especially for patients with light infections...
- Predictors of insulin resistance among Hispanic adults infected with or at risk of infection with the human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virusC Castaneda-Sceppa
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Viral Hepat 15:878-87. 2008..Liver injury, as measured by the FIB-4 score, is a predictor of IR independently of HCV infection...
- Correlates of HIV-1 viral suppression in a cohort of HIV-positive drug users receiving antiretroviral therapy in Hanoi, VietnamM R Jordan
Tufts Medical Center, Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Disease, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Int J STD AIDS 20:418-22. 2009....
- Multiorgan microsporidiosis: report of five cases and reviewG Gunnarsson
Department of Medicine, New England Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Infect Dis 21:37-44. 1995..Further investigation of the pathogenic tendencies and route of acquisition of these organisms and the therapeutic agents active against them is needed...
- Viral and host correlates of serum resistin in simian AIDSL M Wachtman
Harvard Medical School, New England Regional Primate Research Center, Southborough, Massachusetts 01772, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:34-42. 2008....
- Role of acquired immune deficiency syndrome-defining conditions in human immunodeficiency virus-associated wastingC A Wanke
Department of Community Health, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:S81-4. 2003..These risks were not altered when adjusted for socioeconomic status, CD4 cell count, energy intake, or baseline BMI. Although ADCs contribute to the development of wasting, their contribution is relatively small...
- Nutrition and HIV infection: review of weight loss and wasting in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy from the nutrition for healthy living cohortA Mangili
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 42:836-42. 2006..This information is intended to raise awareness among health care providers of HIV-infected patients that weight loss and wasting remain important acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-defining conditions, despite the advent of HAART...