Affiliation: Tufts Medical Center
- 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein gene polymorphisms, dietary linoleic acid, and risk for breast cancerJun Wang
Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2748-54. 2008....
- Dietary fat, cooking fat, and breast cancer risk in a multiethnic populationJun Wang
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Nutr Cancer 60:492-504. 2008..Our results suggest that a low-fat diet may play a role in breast cancer prevention. We speculate that monounsaturated trans fats may have driven the discrepant associations between types of fat and breast cancer...
- Is lipstick associated with the development of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)?Jun Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Rheumatol 27:1183-7. 2008..Epidemiologic studies of SLE should include this exposure in exploring its environmental triggers...
- Alcohol consumption is not protective for systemic lupus erythematosusJ Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 68:345-8. 2009..Our objective was to investigate the association between alcohol consumption and incidence of SLE in a data set that has information on both current and pre-diagnostic alcohol consumption...
- Feasibility and validity were demonstrated of an online case-control study using the prototype of recent-onset systemic lupus erythematosusTimothy McAlindon
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Box 406, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 61:671-8. 2008..To test the feasibility and validity of the online case-control study design through the empirical deployment of a prototype study of recent-onset systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Mapping copy number variation by population-scale genome sequencingRyan E Mills
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nature 470:59-65. 2011..Our analytical framework and SV map serves as a resource for sequencing-based association studies...
- Estrogen receptor alpha haplotypes and breast cancer risk in older Caucasian womenJun Wang
Human Genetics Department, Roche Molecular Systems, Inc, 1145 Atlantic Ave, Alameda, CA 94555, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 106:273-80. 2007..001% in cases and controls). No other statistically significant associations were observed between ESR1 haplotypes from the same four SNPs and the risk of breast cancer in older Caucasian women...
- Predictive value of serum anti-p53 antibodies, carcino-embryonic antigen, carbohydrate antigen 15-3, estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor and human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 in taxane-based and anthracycline-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy in Huizheng Bao
Institute of Genetics and Cytology, School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, Jilin Province, PR China
Anticancer Drugs 19:317-23. 2008..The p53 Ab-negative patients may predict a high clinical OR rate in anthracycline-based NAC. HER-2-negative may predict a high OR in both taxane-based and anthracycline-based NAC...
- Suppressor activity among CD4+,CD25++ T cells is discriminated by membrane-bound tumor necrosis factor alphaJun Wang
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 58:1609-18. 2008....
- Plasmablastic lymphoma involving breast: a case diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration and core needle biopsyJun Wang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 36:257-61. 2008..Molecular genetic studies showed clonal rearrangement of the immunoglobulin kappa light chain gene. This is the first case of PBL involving the breast reported in English cytological literature...
- A regulatory variation in OPRK1, the gene encoding the kappa-opioid receptor, is associated with alcohol dependenceHoward J Edenberg
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:1783-9. 2008..This indel is, therefore, a functional regulatory variation likely to explain at least part of the association of OPRK1 with alcohol dependence...
- Molecular characterization of novel progranulin (GRN) mutations in frontotemporal dementiaOdity Mukherjee
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Hum Mutat 29:512-21. 2008....
- Tuberculosis infection in the United States: national trends over three decadesKamran Khan
St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:455-60. 2008..Understanding national trends in TB infection may be important in anticipating future trends in TB disease...
- Detecting latent tuberculosis infection in hemodialysis patients: a head-to-head comparison of the T-SPOT.TB test, tuberculin skin test, and an expert physician panelLaura Passalent
Infection Prevention and Control Unit, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2:68-73. 2007..It is suggested that a combination of T-SPOT.TB testing and medical assessment may be the most accurate screening method...
- Identification of estrogen-responsive genes involved in breast cancer metastases to the boneJun Wang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 645 N Michigan Avenue, S910, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 24:411-22. 2007....
- Measurement of volumetric and vascular changes with dynamic contrast enhanced MRI for cancer therapy monitoringMin Ying Su
John Tu and Thomas Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine Hall 164, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 1:479-88. 2002..The vascular properties measured by macromolecular contrast medium may have the potential to serve as early therapeutic efficacy indicators...
- Placental insufficiency is characterized by platelet activation in the fetusBrian Trudinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Wentworthville, New South Wales, Australia
Obstet Gynecol 101:975-81. 2003....
- Distribution of variant genotypes of Fc gamma receptor IIIa in healthy Chinese population of Zhengzhou CityJun Wang
Department of Hematology, Xiehe Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 23:239-41. 2003..3%, 48.9% and 8.8% respectively. The distribution of Fc gamma R IIIa-158 in healthy Chinese population of Zhengzhou city was polymorphic and different from that of African Americans (AA) and Caucasian Americans (CA)...
- [The relationship between the variants in 5' upstream core promoter A(-6)G and A(-20)C of angiotensinogen gene and essential hypertension in Kazakans of Xinjiang]Nan Fang Li
Hypertension Unit, the People s Hospital of the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Urumuqi, Xinjiang, PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 21:23-8. 2004..To investigate whether the variants A(-6)G and A(-20)C of angiotensinogen (AGT) gene are involved in the pathogenesis of essential hypertension in Kazakans...
- Diet-induced insulin resistance promotes amyloidosis in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseLap Ho
Neuroinflammation Research Laboratories, Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
FASEB J 18:902-4. 2004....
- Short term outcome and risk factors for mortality in adults with critical severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)Xianming Hu
Department of Social Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 24:514-7. 2004..It was concluded that critical SARS is a new disease entity that carries significant mortality and morbidity. Specific clinical and laboratory parameters predicting unfavorable and favorable outcomes have been identified...
- [Correlation analysis and identification of G421C in regulatory region of CYP4F2 gene with essential hypertension]Hong Liu
Department of Medical Genetics, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 28:143-7. 2006..To investigate the correlation between G421C polymorphism in the regulatory region of CYP4F2 gene and essential hypertension and its molecular mechanism...
- Demographic characteristics and risk behaviors associated with HIV positive injecting drug users in Xinjiang, ChinaYuanzhi Zhang
Xinjiang Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 48 Beijing South Road, Urumqi 830011, China
J Infect 54:285-90. 2007....
- Extramedullary hematopoiesis in breast after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast carcinomaJun Wang
Department of Pathology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:475-8. 2006..To our knowledge, the association of EMH and neoadjuvant chemotherapy has not been previously reported...
- Can core biopsy reliably diagnose mucinous lesions of the breast?Jun Wang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 127:124-7. 2007..We reviewed the core biopsy and surgical biopsy diagnoses in 32 mucinous lesions of the breast. We conclude that core biopsy is highly reliable for accurate diagnosis of mucinous lesions of the breast...
- Genetic mapping in mice identifies DMBT1 as a candidate modifier of mammary tumors and breast cancer riskAnneke C Blackburn
Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Paige Laboratory, University of Massachusetts, 161 Holdsworth Way, Amherst, MA 01003 6410, USA
Am J Pathol 170:2030-41. 2007..The results identify a novel mammary tumor susceptibility locus in mice and support a role for DMBT1 in suppression of mammary tumors in both mice and women...
- Quantitative analysis of follicle-stimulating hormone receptor in ovarian epithelial tumors: a novel approach to explain the field effect of ovarian cancer development in secondary mullerian systemsJun Wang
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Int J Cancer 103:328-34. 2003..However, the exact role of FSH and/or FSHR in the development of epithelial tumors arising in both the ovary and peritoneum needs further investigation...