Affiliation: Tufts University
- Self-management rehabilitation and health-related quality of life in Parkinson's disease: a randomized controlled trialLinda Tickle-Degnen
Department of Occupational Therapy, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Mov Disord 25:194-204. 2010..Effects were largest in two targeted domains: communication and mobility. More concerns with mobility and activities of daily living at baseline predicted more benefit from rehabilitation...
- Emergence and evolution of social self-management of Parkinson's disease: study protocol for a 3-year prospective cohort studyLinda Tickle-Degnen
Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Arts and Sciences, Tufts University, Medford, MA, USA
BMC Neurol 14:95. 2014..Because social networks have been shown to be crucial to the overall well-being of people living with chronic diseases, research is needed on how expressive capacity affects life trajectories and health...
- Nuts and bolts of conducting feasibility studiesLinda Tickle-Degnen
Department of Occupational Therapy, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Am J Occup Ther 67:171-6. 2013..The primary tests of the intervention effectiveness hypotheses should occur in the main study, not in the studies that are serving as feasibility or pilot studies...
- A meta-analysis of performance on emotion recognition tasks in Parkinson's diseaseHeather M Gray
Division on Addictions, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, 101 Station Landing, Suite 2100, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Neuropsychology 24:176-91. 2010..We highlight the potential implications of these findings for communication abilities in PD...
- Culture, Gender, and Health Care Stigma in ParkinsonismLinda Tickle Degnen; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is also anticipated that negative outcomes of masking will be greater for female than male and American than Taiwanese patients because of different norms associated with movement expression in these groups. ..