Affiliation: Tufts Medical Center
- Lack of association of Klotho gene variants with valvular and vascular calcification in Caucasians: a candidate gene study of the Framingham Offspring CohortNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3998-4002. 2011..We performed a candidate gene study in the Framingham Offspring Cohort to evaluate the effect of KL-VS variant of the Klotho gene on valvular calcification...
- Changes in dietary protein intake has no effect on serum cystatin C levels independent of the glomerular filtration rateNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Kidney Int 79:471-7. 2011..Hence, cystatin C may allow more accurate estimates of GFR than creatinine for patients with reduced protein intake. Further study of other non-GFR determinants of cystatin C is needed before the widespread adoption...
- Effect of bone mineral guideline target achievement on mortality in incident dialysis patients: an analysis of the United Kingdom Renal RegistryNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston MA 02111, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 57:415-21. 2011..However, whether achievement of these targets improves survival is unknown...
- A predictive model for progression of chronic kidney disease to kidney failureNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St, PO Box 391, Boston, MA 02111, USA
JAMA 305:1553-9. 2011....
- Predictors of sudden cardiac death: a competing risk approach in the hemodialysis studyShani Shastri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street, Box 391, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:123-30. 2012..The study objective was to identify predictors associated with various causes of death in the Hemodialysis (HEMO) Study and to develop a prediction model for SCD using a competing risk approach...
- Filtration markers may have prognostic value independent of glomerular filtration rateNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:351-9. 2012..trace protein and cystatin C seem to provide more consistent prognostic information than creatinine...
- Predicting mortality in incident dialysis patients: an analysis of the United Kingdom Renal RegistryMartin Wagner
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 57:894-902. 2011..No prediction tool is used widely in current clinical practice. We aimed to predict long-term mortality in incident dialysis patients using easily obtainable variables...
- Both patient and facility contribute to achieving the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' pay-for-performance target for dialysis adequacyNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Seven Oaks General Hospital, University of Manitoba, 2PD 13 2300 McPhillips Street, Winnipeg MB, R2V3M3 Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:2296-302. 2011..These data suggest that if adherence is not a modifiable patient characteristic, providers could be unfairly penalized for caring for these patients under current CMS policy. These penalties may have unintended consequences...
- Variation in fistula use across dialysis facilities: is it explained by case-mix?Navdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:307-13. 2010..This study aimed to determine the magnitude of the variability in AVF usage across dialysis facilities and the extent to which patient case-mix explains it...
- Determining factors that predict technique survival on peritoneal dialysis: application of regression and artificial neural network methodsNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Mass, USA
Nephron Clin Pract 118:c93-c100. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the factors that predict technique survival using artificial neural network (ANN) and logistic and Cox regression methods...
- β-Blockers for prevention of sudden cardiac death in patients on hemodialysis: a propensity score analysis of the HEMO StudyNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Seven Oaks General Hospital, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Am J Kidney Dis 58:939-45. 2011..Although the efficacy of β-blockers for the prevention of sudden cardiac death has been proven in the general population, little evidence exists in patients with kidney failure...
- Trends in anemia management in US hemodialysis patients 2004-2010Dana C Miskulin
Division of Nephrology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Nephrol 14:264. 2013..There have been major changes in the management of anemia in US hemodialysis patients in recent years. We sought to determine the influence of clinical trial results, safety regulations, and changes in reimbursement policy on practice...