Affiliation: Tufts Medical Center
- Changes in dietary protein intake has no effect on serum cystatin C levels independent of the glomerular filtration rateNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Kidney Int 79:471-7. 2011..Hence, cystatin C may allow more accurate estimates of GFR than creatinine for patients with reduced protein intake. Further study of other non-GFR determinants of cystatin C is needed before the widespread adoption...
- Effect of bone mineral guideline target achievement on mortality in incident dialysis patients: an analysis of the United Kingdom Renal RegistryNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston MA 02111, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 57:415-21. 2011..However, whether achievement of these targets improves survival is unknown...
- A predictive model for progression of chronic kidney disease to kidney failureNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St, PO Box 391, Boston, MA 02111, USA
JAMA 305:1553-9. 2011....
- Lack of association of Klotho gene variants with valvular and vascular calcification in Caucasians: a candidate gene study of the Framingham Offspring CohortNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3998-4002. 2011..We performed a candidate gene study in the Framingham Offspring Cohort to evaluate the effect of KL-VS variant of the Klotho gene on valvular calcification...
- Predictors of sudden cardiac death: a competing risk approach in the hemodialysis studyShani Shastri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street, Box 391, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:123-30. 2012..The study objective was to identify predictors associated with various causes of death in the Hemodialysis (HEMO) Study and to develop a prediction model for SCD using a competing risk approach...
- Filtration markers may have prognostic value independent of glomerular filtration rateNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:351-9. 2012..trace protein and cystatin C seem to provide more consistent prognostic information than creatinine...
- Predicting mortality in incident dialysis patients: an analysis of the United Kingdom Renal RegistryMartin Wagner
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 57:894-902. 2011..No prediction tool is used widely in current clinical practice. We aimed to predict long-term mortality in incident dialysis patients using easily obtainable variables...
- Both patient and facility contribute to achieving the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' pay-for-performance target for dialysis adequacyNavdeep Tangri
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Seven Oaks General Hospital, University of Manitoba, 2PD 13 2300 McPhillips Street, Winnipeg MB, R2V3M3 Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:2296-302. 2011..These data suggest that if adherence is not a modifiable patient characteristic, providers could be unfairly penalized for caring for these patients under current CMS policy. These penalties may have unintended consequences...
- Variation in fistula use across dialysis facilities: is it explained by case-mix?Navdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:307-13. 2010..This study aimed to determine the magnitude of the variability in AVF usage across dialysis facilities and the extent to which patient case-mix explains it...
- Determining factors that predict technique survival on peritoneal dialysis: application of regression and artificial neural network methodsNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Mass, USA
Nephron Clin Pract 118:c93-c100. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the factors that predict technique survival using artificial neural network (ANN) and logistic and Cox regression methods...
- β-Blockers for prevention of sudden cardiac death in patients on hemodialysis: a propensity score analysis of the HEMO StudyNavdeep Tangri
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Seven Oaks General Hospital, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Am J Kidney Dis 58:939-45. 2011..Although the efficacy of β-blockers for the prevention of sudden cardiac death has been proven in the general population, little evidence exists in patients with kidney failure...