Paul C Stark
Affiliation: Tufts University
- Consortium for oral health-related informatics: improving dental research, education, and treatmentPaul C Stark
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, 75 Kneeland Street, Suite 105, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Dent Educ 74:1051-65. 2010..The consortium is in the process of assembling the largest oral health database ever created. This will be an invaluable resource for research and provide a foundation for evidence-based dentistry for years to come...
- Assessing use of a standardized dental diagnostic terminology in an electronic health recordOluwabunmi Tokede
Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology Department, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Dent Educ 77:24-36. 2013..These findings will serve to increase the use/correct use of the EZCodes dental diagnostic terminology and ultimately create a reliable platform for undertaking clinical, outcomes, and quality improvement-related research...
- The development of a dental diagnostic terminologyElsbeth Kalenderian
Assistant Dean for Clinical Affairs, Department of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 188 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Dent Educ 75:68-76. 2011..Future work will focus on implementation and approaches to enhance the validity and reliability of diagnostic term utilization...
- Comparison of preoperative computed tomography and surgical findings in maxillofacial infectionsMichael Rosenthal
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tufts University of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 69:1651-6. 2011..To examine the accuracy of computed tomography (CT) in predicting the presence of surgically confirmed abscess in patients presenting with deep maxillofacial infections (DMIs)...
- Roles of caspase 1 and extracellular signal-regulated kinase in inflammation-induced inhibition of lacrimal gland protein secretionDriss Zoukhri
Department of General Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 0211, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4392-8. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the roles of caspase 1 and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) in inflammation-induced inhibition of lacrimal gland secretion...
- The effect of a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor (celecoxib) on chronic periodontitisC Alec Yen
Department of Oral Medicine, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Periodontol 79:104-13. 2008..In this double-masked, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial, the efficacy of celecoxib (COX-2 inhibitor) was evaluated in conjunction with scaling and root planing (SRP) in subjects with chronic periodontitis (CP)...
- Prevalence of ICD-9-CM codes for chronic kidney disease in individuals with cardiovascular disease risk factorsAshish Mahajan
Tufts Medical Center Scientific and Clinical Research Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Nephrol 22:523-33. 2009..Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- The effects of calcium and vitamin D supplementation on blood glucose and markers of inflammation in nondiabetic adultsAnastassios G Pittas
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Diabetes Care 30:980-6. 2007..We sought to compare the effects of combined calcium and vitamin D supplementation versus placebo on blood glucose and markers of inflammation in nondiabetic adults aged > or =65 years...
- The effect of angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors on progression of advanced polycystic kidney diseaseTazeen H Jafar
Division of Nephrology, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Kidney Int 67:265-71. 2005..We performed a patient-level meta-analysis to compare the effect of antihypertensive regimens, including ACE inhibitors, to those without ACE inhibitors (controls) on kidney disease progression in patients with PKD...
- Progression of chronic kidney disease: the role of blood pressure control, proteinuria, and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition: a patient-level meta-analysisTazeen H Jafar
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ann Intern Med 139:244-52. 2003..Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors reduce blood pressure and urine protein excretion and slow the progression of chronic kidney disease...
- Constructing a database of individual clinical trials for longitudinal analysisChristopher H Schmid
Biostatistics Research Center, Division of Clinical Care Research, Department of Medicine, New England Medical Center Box 63, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Control Clin Trials 24:324-40. 2003..Funding agencies must be encouraged to provide support to collaborative groups combining databases...