L M Shin
Affiliation: Tufts University
- Regional cerebral blood flow during script-driven imagery in childhood sexual abuse-related PTSD: A PET investigationL M Shin
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:575-84. 1999....
- Decreased regional cerebral blood flow in medial prefrontal cortex during trauma-unrelated stressful imagery in Vietnam veterans with post-traumatic stress disorderA L Gold
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Psychol Med 41:2563-72. 2011..In the current study, we sought to determine whether regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) abnormalities in mPFC and amygdala in PTSD could be observed during the recollection of trauma-unrelated stressful personal events...
- A functional MRI study of human amygdala responses to facial expressions of fear versus angerP J Whalen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53705, USA
Emotion 1:70-83. 2001..Thus, activity in the amygdala is greater to fearful facial expressions when contrasted with either neutral or angry faces. Furthermore, directly contrasting fear with angry faces highlighted involvement of the dorsal amygdaloid region...
- Neural activation during sexual and competitive arousal in healthy menS L Rauch
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Psychiatry Res 91:1-10. 1999..These results complement findings from studies of other normal and pathological emotional states, and provide new insights regarding the neural substrates of pleasurable arousal in healthy men...
- Differential prefrontal cortex and amygdala habituation to repeatedly presented emotional stimuliC I Wright
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Neuroreport 12:379-83. 2001..We speculate that the right amygdala is part of a dynamic emotional stimulus detection system, while the left is specialized for sustained stimulus evaluations...
- Probing striato-thalamic function in obsessive-compulsive disorder and Tourette syndrome using neuroimaging methodsS L Rauch
Departments of Psychiatry and Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Neurol 85:207-24. 2001....