Dena E Rifkin
Affiliation: Tufts Medical Center
- Rapid kidney function decline and mortality risk in older adultsDena E Rifkin
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Box 391, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:2212-8. 2008..It remains unknown, however, whether longitudinal declines in kidney function are independently associated with increased cardiovascular and all-cause mortality in older adults...
- Kidney function and mortality in octogenarians: Cardiovascular Health Study All StarsShani Shastri
Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1201-7. 2012..To examine the association between kidney function and all-cause mortality in octogenarians...
- Chronic kidney disease in octogenariansShani Shastri
Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1410-7. 2011..There are limited data on the prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and its clinical importance in the very old. We examined the prevalence of CKD in octogenarians and its association with cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Apolipoprotein E and kidney function in older adultsRebecca Kurnik Seshasai
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Nephrol 78:174-80. 2012..We evaluated the associations of apolipoprotein E alleles with kidney function among older adults in the cardiovascular health study (CHS)...
- Association between baseline kidney function and change in CRP: an analysis of the cardiovascular health studyDena E Rifkin
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Diego and Veterans Affair Hospital, San Diego, CA 92093 9111, USA
Nephron Clin Pract 115:c114-21. 2010..In cross-sectional analyses, C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are inversely related to levels of kidney function. The relationship between kidney function and subsequent changes in CRP is unknown...
- Associations between coronary calcification on chest radiographs and mortality in hemodialysis patientsJoseph A Abdelmalek
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 60:990-7. 2012..We determined the prevalence of CAC and AAC visible on plain chest radiographs and their associations with mortality in our dialysis population...
- Linking clinic and home: a randomized, controlled clinical effectiveness trial of real-time, wireless blood pressure monitoring for older patients with kidney disease and hypertensionDena E Rifkin
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Blood Press Monit 18:8-15. 2013..Telemonitoring interventions, however, have not targeted older, less technologically-skilled populations...