R L Prior
Affiliation: Tufts University
- In vivo total antioxidant capacity: comparison of different analytical methodsR L Prior
USDA Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 27:1173-81. 1999....
- Antioxidant and pro-oxidant capacity of catecholamines and related compounds. Effects of hydrogen peroxide on glutathione and sphingomyelinase activity in pheochromocytoma PC12 cells: potential relevance to age-related diseasesE Sofic
Phytochemical Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
J Neural Transm 108:541-57. 2001....
- Effect of long-term dietary antioxidant supplementation on influenza virus infectionS N Han
Jean Mayer Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 55:B496-503. 2000....
- Effect of vitamin E intake on levels of vitamins E and C in the central nervous system and peripheral tissues: implications for health recommendationsA Martin
USDA Neuroscience Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition, Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, 711 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Brain Res 845:50-9. 1999..Compared to the low E group, rats supplemented with the 60, 250 or 500 mg E/kg diet showed a significant enhancement in striatal dopamine (DA) release, but no differences were observed among the latter three groups...
- Antioxidant capacity and polyphenolic components of teas: implications for altering in vivo antioxidant statusR L Prior
US Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service, Jean Mayer Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 220:255-61. 1999..However, with the variation that exists in antioxidant capacity with various tea preparations, measures of antioxidant capacity intake are critical to the study of intake and health outcomes and/or biomarkers of health outcomes...
- Postprandial increases in serum antioxidant capacity in older womenG Cao
Jean Mayer Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Agriculture Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 89:877-83. 2000..These results indicate that food intake, even if low in antioxidants, can increase the serum total antioxidant activity...
- Anthocyanins are absorbed in glycated forms in elderly women: a pharmacokinetic studyG Cao
Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture, Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 73:920-6. 2001..The excretion rate of total anthocyanins was 77 microg/h during the first 4 h and 13 microg/h during the second 4 h. CONCLUSION: Anthocyanins are absorbed in their unchanged glycated forms in elderly women...