Affiliation: Tufts University
- Bone mineral density in elite adolescent female figure skatersKathy Prelack
Clinical Nutrition, Shriners, Hospitals For Children, 51 Blossom Street, Boston, MA, 02114, USA
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 9:57. 2012....
- Water homeostasis, frailty and cognitive function in the nursing homeJ J Kehayias
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 16:35-9. 2012..To develop and test a practical clinical method to assess frailty in nursing homes; - To investigate the relationship between cognitive status of the elderly and the balance between water compartments of their body composition...
- Use of D-T-produced fast neutrons for in vivo body composition analysis: a reference method for nutritional assessment in the elderlyJ J Kehayias
USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, 711 Washington St, Boston, 02111 1524 MA, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 379:188-91. 2004..It is also used as a reference method for the validation of portable instruments of nutritional assessment...
- Aging and body compositionJoseph J Kehayias
Body Composition Laboratory, USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Clin Perform Programme 6:63-74; discussion 74-8. 2002
- Energy expenditure is very high in extremely obese womenSai Krupa Das
Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Nutr 134:1412-6. 2004..Standard equations developed for nonobese populations provided the most accurate estimates of REE for the obese individuals studied here. REE was not accurately predicted by equations developed in obese populations...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha production is associated with less body cell mass in women with rheumatoid arthritisJoseph Walsmith
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Rheumatol 31:23-9. 2004..To examine the relationship between inflammatory cytokine production and body cell mass (BCM) in women with stable, medically well-controlled rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Body water in children during recovery from severe burn injury using a combined tracer dilution methodKathy Prelack
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Shriners Burns Hospital Boston, 51 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Burn Care Rehabil 26:67-74. 2005..Taken together, the indices provide useful information about hydration and nutritional status in individuals recovering from severe burn injury...
- Long-term changes in energy expenditure and body composition after massive weight loss induced by gastric bypass surgerySai Krupa Das
Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:22-30. 2003..Little is known about the determinants of individual variability in body weight and fat loss after gastric bypass surgery or about the effects of massive weight loss induced by this surgery on energy requirements...
- Sodium bromide by instrumental neutron activation analysis quantifies change in extracellular water space with wound closure in severely burned childrenKathy Prelack
Nutrition Support, Shriners Hospitals for Children, 51 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Surgery 133:396-403. 2003..We measured corrected bromide space to determine change in ECW with wound closure among acutely burned children...
- Body composition assessment in extreme obesity and after massive weight loss induced by gastric bypass surgerySai Krupa Das
Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston 02111, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E1080-8. 2003..A simple 3C model utilizing air displacement plethysmography and BIA is useful for clinical evaluation in this population...