Navin K Kapur
Affiliation: Tufts Medical Center
- Kapur N, Paruchuri V, Majithia A, Esposito M, Shih H, Weintraub A, et al. Hemodynamic effects of standard versus larger-capacity intraaortic balloon counterpulsation pumps. J Invasive Cardiol. 2015;27:182-8 pubmed..In real-world practice, greater systolic unloading and diastolic augmentation were observed among 50 cc vs 40 cc IABP recipients. Future trials evaluating the clinical utility of the 50 cc IABP are required. ..
- Kapur N, Shenoy C, Yunis A, Mohammad N, Wilson S, Paruchuri V, et al. Distinct effects of unfractionated heparin versus bivalirudin on circulating angiogenic peptides. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34344 pubmed publisher..These findings may have significant implications for clinical studies of therapeutic angiogenesis, stem-cell and progenitor-cell therapy. ..
- Morine K, Paruchuri V, Qiao X, Aronovitz M, Huggins G, DeNofrio D, et al. Endoglin selectively modulates transient receptor potential channel expression in left and right heart failure. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:478-482 pubmed publisher..We further introduce that the TGFÎ²1 coreceptor Eng selectively regulates expression of multiple TRP channels in the setting of LV or RV pressure overload. ..
- Morine K, Kiernan M, Pham D, Paruchuri V, DeNofrio D, Kapur N. Pulmonary Artery Pulsatility Index Is Associated With Right Ventricular Failure After Left Ventricular Assist Device Surgery. J Card Fail. 2016;22:110-6 pubmed publisher..942) for identifying RVF and exceeded the predictive value of RA:PCWP, RVSWI, or RA pressure alone. PAPi is a simple hemodynamic variable that may help to identify patients at high risk of developing RVF after LVAD implantation. ..
- Esposito M, Bader Y, Pedicini R, Bretón C, Mullin A, Kapur N. The role of acute circulatory support in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock. Indian Heart J. 2017;69:668-674 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss the hemodynamic impact of each AMCS device and clinical data surrounding their use in the setting of STEMI complicated by cardiogenic shock. ..
- Kuchibhotla S, Esposito M, Bretón C, Pedicini R, Mullin A, O Kelly R, et al. Acute Biventricular Mechanical Circulatory Support for Cardiogenic Shock. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Simultaneous left ventricular and RV device implantation and lower RV afterload may be associated with better outcomes with BiPella. Future prospective studies of BiPella for cardiogenic shock are required. ..
- Morine K, Qiao X, Paruchuri V, Aronovitz M, Mackey E, Buiten L, et al. Conditional knockout of activin like kinase-1 (ALK-1) leads to heart failure without maladaptive remodeling. Heart Vessels. 2017;32:628-636 pubmed publisher..Future studies exploring the functional role of AlK-1 in cardiac remodeling independent of systemic AVMs are required. ..
- Kapur N, Bader Y. Percutaneous Circulatory Assist Devices for Right Ventricular Failure. Interv Cardiol Clin. 2013;2:445-456 pubmed publisher..In this review, RV pathophysiology, device options, and clinical data exploring the utility of percutaneous RV support devices are discussed. ..
- Kapur N, Davila C, Jumean M. Integrating Interventional Cardiology and Heart Failure Management for Cardiogenic Shock. Interv Cardiol Clin. 2017;6:481-485 pubmed publisher..The emerging role of interventional heart failure specialists within the heart team includes integration and understanding of advanced hemodynamic and cathether-based therapies, with the goal of improving outcomes. ..
- Kapur N, Esposito M, Bader Y, Morine K, Kiernan M, Pham D, et al. Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices for Acute Right Ventricular Failure. Circulation. 2017;136:314-326 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the pathophysiology of acute RV failure and both the mechanism of action and clinical data exploring the utility of existing RV acute mechanical circulatory support devices. ..
- Morine K, Qiao X, Paruchuri V, Aronovitz M, Mackey E, Buiten L, et al. Reduced activin receptor-like kinase 1 activity promotes cardiac fibrosis in heart failure. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2017;31:26-33 pubmed publisher..Reduced expression of ALK1 promotes cardiac fibrosis and impaired LV function in a murine model of heart failure. Further studies examining the role of ALK1 and ALK1 inhibitors on cardiac remodeling are required. ..
- Lala A, Guo Y, Xu J, Esposito M, Morine K, Karas R, et al. Right Ventricular Dysfunction in Acute Myocardial Infarction Complicated by Cardiogenic Shock: A Hemodynamic Analysis of the Should We Emergently Revascularize Occluded Coronaries for Cardiogenic Shock (SHOCK) Trial and Registry. J Card Fail. 2018;24:148-156 pubmed publisher..Routine assessment with pulmonary artery catherization allows detection of RVD; however, further work is needed to identify interventions that will result in improved outcomes for these patients. ..