Patricia L Hibberd
Affiliation: Tufts University
- Tai Chi for treating knee osteoarthritis: designing a long-term follow up randomized controlled trialChenchen Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:108. 2008..The study will be completed by July 2009...
- Probiotic foods and drugs: impact of US regulatory status on design of clinical trialsPatricia L Hibberd
Department of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Tufts New England Medical Center, and 2Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:S137-40; discussion S144-51. 2008....
- The effect of a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor (celecoxib) on chronic periodontitisC Alec Yen
Department of Oral Medicine, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Periodontol 79:104-13. 2008..In this double-masked, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial, the efficacy of celecoxib (COX-2 inhibitor) was evaluated in conjunction with scaling and root planing (SRP) in subjects with chronic periodontitis (CP)...
- A randomized, double-blind trial of Lactobacillus GG versus placebo in addition to standard maintenance therapy for children with Crohn's diseaseAthos Bousvaros
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:833-9. 2005..18). The LGG was well tolerated, with a side effect profile comparable with placebo. This study suggests that LGG does not prolong time to relapse in children with CD when given as an adjunct to standard therapy...
- Preliminary assessment of inhaled nitric oxide for acute vaso-occlusive crisis in pediatric patients with sickle cell diseaseDebra L Weiner
Pediatric Emergency, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 289:1136-42. 2003..Nitric oxide may have promise as a mechanism-of-disease-based therapy for treatment of vaso-occlusion...
- Probiotics for prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrheaShira Idit Doron
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:S58-63. 2008..Probiotics are generally safe, however, they should be used with caution in patients who have compromise of either the immune system or the integrity of the intestinal mucosa, and in the presence of a central venous catheter...
- Stress management versus lifestyle modification on systolic hypertension and medication elimination: a randomized trialJeffery A Dusek
Benson Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:129-38. 2008..2-15.9, p=0.03). Although both groups had similar reductions in SBP, significantly more participants in the relaxation response group eliminated an antihypertensive medication while maintaining adequate blood pressure control...
- Tai Chi is effective in treating knee osteoarthritis: a randomized controlled trialChenchen Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, Box 406, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:1545-53. 2009..To evaluate the effectiveness of Tai Chi in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis (OA) symptoms...
- Monitoring participant safety in phase I and II interventional trials: options and controversiesPatricia L Hibberd
Division of Clinical Research Resources, Tufts New England Medical Center 35 Kneeland Street, Box 063, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Investig Med 52:446-52. 2004..However, there is little guidance about when and how to constitute a DSMB for phase I and II clinical trials...
- Executive summary: scientific and regulatory challenges of development of probiotics as foods and drugsFreddie Ann Hoffman
HeteroGeneity, Washington, DC 20011, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:S53-7. 2008
- Developing Probiotics as Foods and Drugs - Scientific and Regulatory ChallengesPatricia Hibberd; Fiscal Year: 2006..An NIH Conference Grant is being requested for supplemental funding to support the travel of key US based workshop faculty and support of publication expenses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..