Affiliation: Tufts University
- Profiling care provided by different groups of physicians: effects of patient case-mix (bias) and physician-level clustering on quality assessment resultsSheldon Greenfield
Primary Care Outcomes Research Institute, Tufts University School of Medicine, M and V 1, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Ann Intern Med 136:111-21. 2002..Patient characteristics (case-mix bias) and physician-level variation (clustering) are often overlooked in profiling the quality of care provided by different groups of physicians, such as specialties...
- Providing high-quality care for limited English proficient patients: the importance of language concordance and interpreter useQuyen Ngo-Metzger
Division of General Internal Medicine and Primary Care and the Center for Health Policy Research, University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, Research, 111 Academy, Suite 220, Irvine, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:324-30. 2007..Provider-patient language discordance is related to worse quality care for limited English proficient (LEP) patients who speak Spanish. However, little is known about language barriers among LEP Asian-American patients...
- Heterogeneity of treatment effects: implications for guidelines, payment, and quality assessmentSheldon Greenfield
Center for Health Policy Research, Department of Medicine, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, California 92697 5800, USA
Am J Med 120:S3-9. 2007..We also examine strategies for understanding and managing HTE in practice, to increase the usefulness of trial results...
- Racial variations in the choice of on-pump versus off-pump coronary artery bypass graftingDana Mukamel
Department of Medicine, Center for Health Policy Research, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Health Serv Res Policy 12:31-5. 2007..To examine explanations of differences in utilization rates of a newly reintroduced technique - off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) - between racial minorities and Whites...
- Selecting indicators for the quality of diabetes care at the health systems level in OECD countriesAntonio Nicolucci
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Epidemiology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, 66030 S Maria Imbaro CH, Italy
Int J Qual Health Care 18:26-30. 2006..In the context of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Quality Indicators Project, a set of quality indicators for diabetes care was developed, to be used for benchmarking the performance of health care systems...
- Are Type 2 diabetic patients offered adequate foot care? The role of physician and patient characteristicsGiorgia De Berardis
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Epidemiology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, S Maria Imbaro, CH, Italy
J Diabetes Complications 19:319-27. 2005..Patient knowledge and practices are strongly related to physicians' attitudes...
- Better physician-patient relationships are associated with higher reported adherence to antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV infectionJohn Schneider
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Ill, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:1096-103. 2004..There is little evidence to support the widely accepted assertion that better physician-patient relationships result in higher rates of adherence with recommended therapies...
- Correlates of satisfaction for the relationship with their physician in type 2 diabetic patientsMonica Franciosi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Epidemiology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Via Nazionale, S Maria Imbaro, CH 66030, Italy
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 66:277-86. 2004..In deciding the best decision-making approach to adopt in individual patients, it is of primary importance to measure how the patient perceives and engages in relationships...
- Creating a culture of quality: the remarkable transformation of the department of Veterans Affairs Health Care SystemSheldon Greenfield
Ann Intern Med 141:316-8. 2004
- Quality of care and outcomes in type 2 diabetic patients: a comparison between general practice and diabetes clinicsGiorgia De Berardis
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Epidemiology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, S Maria Imbaro, Chieti, Italy
Diabetes Care 27:398-406. 2004....
- Physician attitudes toward foot care education and foot examination and their correlation with patient practiceGiorgia De Berardis
Diabetes Care 27:286-7. 2004
- Identifying patients with type 2 diabetes with a higher likelihood of erectile dysfunction: the role of the interaction between clinical and psychological factorsGiorgia De Berardis
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Epidemiology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, S Maria Imbaro, Italy
J Urol 169:1422-8. 2003....
- Evaluating quality improvementSheldon Greenfield
Center for Health Policy Research, Department of Medicine, 111 Academy, Suite 220, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Pediatrics 120:1131-2. 2007