Pranav S Garimella
Affiliation: Tufts Medical Center
- Peripheral artery disease and chronic kidney disease: clinical synergy to improve outcomesPranav S Garimella
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA and Lillehei Heart Institute and Cardiovascular Division, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN Electronic address
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 21:460-71. 2014..This new system will identify and resolve key gaps in the current care model so that clinical outcomes improve within a cost-effective care frame for this vulnerable population. ..
- Association between body size and composition and erectile dysfunction in older men: Osteoporotic Fractures in Men StudyPranav S Garimella
Department of Medicine, John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:46-54. 2013..To examine the association between body size and composition and erectile dysfunction (ED) in older men...
- Current issues in the management and monitoring of hypertension in chronic kidney diseasePranav S Garimella
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 22:599-606. 2013..This review highlights recent developments in the management and monitoring of hypertension in adults with chronic kidney disease (CKD), not on dialysis...
- Peripheral artery disease and CKD: a focus on peripheral artery disease as a critical component of CKD carePranav S Garimella
Department of Medicine, John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 60:641-54. 2012..Future investigation is recommended to evaluate the benefit of earlier treatment strategies in this high cardiovascular disease risk population with CKD...
- Renal sympathetic denervation for treatment of resistant hypertension: a systematic reviewPriyanka Gosain
Department of Medicine, John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 15:75-84. 2013..Long-term studies with large patient populations are needed to study whether this benefit is sustained with a demonstrable difference in cardiovascular disease event rates...
- Cardiovascular disease in CKD in 2012: moving forward, slowly but surelyPranav S Garimella
Division of Nephrology, Tufts Medical Center, Box 391, 800 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Nat Rev Nephrol 9:69-70. 2013..Several other studies evaluated methods to mitigate cardiovascular risk in CKD. The results of these studies have advanced the field but have also raised more questions...
- Medical management to prevent recurrent nephrolithiasis in adults: a systematic review for an American College of Physicians Clinical GuidelineHoward A Fink
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Ann Intern Med 158:535-43. 2013..Optimum management to prevent recurrent kidney stones is uncertain...
- Association of Albumin-Creatinine Ratio and Cystatin C With Change in Ankle-Brachial Index: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Pranav S Garimella
Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
Am J Kidney Dis 65:33-40. 2015..Low ankle-brachial index (ABI) is a reflection of atherosclerotic disease, and high ABI is an indicator of calcified vessels. The associations of albuminuria and cystatin C level with incidence of either low or high ABI are unknown...