A M Cuervo
Affiliation: Tufts University
- Direct lysosomal uptake of alpha 2-microglobulin contributes to chemically induced nephropathyA M Cuervo
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Kidney Int 55:529-45. 1999..Because a portion of alpha 2 mu resides in the cytosol of kidney cells, we decided to analyze whether this cytosolic form also contributes to the abnormal lysosomal accumulation of alpha 2 mu after exposure to chemicals...
- Selective degradation of annexins by chaperone-mediated autophagyA M Cuervo
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 275:33329-35. 2000..These results provide striking evidence for the importance of KFERQ motifs in substrates of chaperone-mediated autophagy...
- Unique properties of lamp2a compared to other lamp2 isoformsA M Cuervo
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Cell Sci 113:4441-50. 2000..These characteristics may be important for lamp2a to act as a receptor for chaperone-mediated autophagy...
- Chaperone-mediated autophagyS Kaushik
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Methods Mol Biol 445:227-44. 2008..However, the most unequivocal method to measure CMA is by directly tracking the translocation of substrate proteins into isolated lysosomes...
- LAPTM5: a novel lysosomal-associated multispanning membrane protein preferentially expressed in hematopoietic cellsC N Adra
Division of Hematology Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02215, USA
Genomics 35:328-37. 1996..The expression pattern of the gene together with preliminary evidence that the protein interacts with ubiquitin indicates that the protein may have a special functional role during embryogenesis and in adult hematopoietic cells...
- Autophagy as a cell-repair mechanism: activation of chaperone-mediated autophagy during oxidative stressS Kaushik
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Ullmann Building room 611D, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Aspects Med 27:444-54. 2006..The consequences of an impairment in CMA activity, observed during aging and in some age-related disorders, are also discussed...